Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
Can I be suffering from PPD if I did not have my child?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Postpartum Depression (PPD).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can I be suffering from PPD if I did not have my child?

I lost 2 babies both at 19 weeks? Is it possible to be suffering from PPD? Or is it just depression?
Blank
287246_tn?1318573663
First of all, I am so sorry for your loss...there are no words that can express how truly sorry I am.  Please come here for support when/if you need it.

As for PPD....yes, it is absolutely possible to have PPD because although you lost your babies, your body still gave birth.  So all of the hormonal issues that cause PPD can still affect you because your body still gave birth.  HOWEVER, given the fact that you lost 2 babies, it could very well be depression and sadness from your loss as well.  OR, it could be a combination of both.  I hope and pray that you are seeking counseling for your loss and that may also be able to help you w/ PPD if you infact, have that too.  Meds may not be a bad idea for a while also, but only a doctor can determine if that is what you need.

Good luck and don't forget we are here for you!  There is also a group on MH for people that have lost babies such as yourself.  Just thought I would mention that...
Related Discussions
287246_tn?1318573663
First of all, I am so sorry for your loss...there are no words that can express how truly sorry I am.  Please come here for support when/if you need it.

As for PPD....yes, it is absolutely possible to have PPD because although you lost your babies, your body still gave birth.  So all of the hormonal issues that cause PPD can still affect you because your body still gave birth.  HOWEVER, given the fact that you lost 2 babies, it could very well be depression and sadness from your loss as well.  OR, it could be a combination of both.  I hope and pray that you are seeking counseling for your loss and that may also be able to help you w/ PPD if you infact, have that too.  Meds may not be a bad idea for a while also, but only a doctor can determine if that is what you need.

Good luck and don't forget we are here for you!  There is also a group on MH for people that have lost babies such as yourself.  Just thought I would mention that...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank