Citophram
I had my son in Jan '09 and at the end of February was diagnosed with PPD and put on Citalophram 10mg. A month later my docter uped it to 20mg. She tried to up it again 40mg but I told her that my boyfriend had seen improvements with the medication so I didn't feel the need to go any higher. So she wrote me a perscription last was to last until Feb '10.
I have stopped taking it. It's been about 2 months since I took my last pill. I still have the medication here but I don't feel like it was working. Sometimes I wonder if I should continue taking it but I don't want to have to continue taking a pill the rest of my life. My boyfriend is a little upset that I stopped the medication but hasn't said that my moods are bad. Any suggestions either way.. should I continue taking it although I feel fine or stay off it?
I have a suggestion for you.  Why don't you try increasing your intake of Omega-3 fatty acids?  Long name, but it is simply good fat for your brain.  Our brains are composed mostly of fat, but we need the right kind for them to function properly.  Nowadays, our diets contain little Omega-3, which is really what the brain needs.

I recommend taking fish oil from Carlson.  It's a really good brand and you can get the lemon-flavored.  If you have trouble getting it down, take some juice or a bite of citrus fruit right after.

If you prefer, you can try the capsules, also from Carlson.

I don't recommend eating fish due to possible mercury contamination nowadays.  But Carlson's fish oil has been tested for contaminants.

http://depression.about.com/cs/babyblue/a/fishpostpartum.htm

Also, check out the information about Vitamin D and depresson.
http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/
You can get your Vitamin D levels checked out.  Most of us in the Northern Hemisphere are low on the Vit. D, the sunshine vitamin.  And there are doctors who believe the current Recommended Daily Allowances are far too low.

Just read your post and feel terrible for you.  I went through the same thing; was on meds that didn't work, or showed me no improvement.  Omega-3's are great; have tons of benefits and have helped me a little, but with no real marked improvements.  I have also tried many other natural supplements and those too, worked only a little.  When I found the medication that worked for me, it was a dream come true.  It took over two years and a few therapists, but I found someone who specializes in pre and post natal care.  OB's are not trained to deal much with mental health issues, so seeing a therapist is a better way to go.  Don't wait to find help.  It is SO important.  Start calling around, looking online and find someone who can help you find the right meds.  Good luck!!