Could it be PPD?
Hi, I'm not sure if I have PPD or not. I do plan on going to the doctor as soon as I get omn my husbands insurance in October. Until then I'm SOL. Here's my story...
I got pregnant in June/July of last year. My husband and I had been trying for about six months. I quit smoking cold turkey the morning I tested positive. Then while I was six and a half months along my water broke. I also had severe gestational diabetes.  I was in the hospital just a little over 2 1/2 weeks before my son was born. He was very healthy and only had to stay for ten days in the NICU. When I finally got home (I was away for about a month) my father inlaw decided to come visit for a MONTH! He is a chainsmoker and drove me nuts! I kept trying to breastfeed and I just couldn't. I even visited with a lactation consultant and still nothing. My husband has been laid off a few times since our son was born seven months ago and money has been super tight. I want to eat constantly and I feel as though I have no motivation. Our son is a good baby and I consider us lucky in so many ways. I gained 55 lbs during my pregnancy and weigh the same now as I did the day I left the hospital and that was seven months ago! I'm ashamed to be seen by anyone I used to associate with. I was 150 lbs when I got pregnant and now I'm 200! I want to smoke a cigarette so badly but I would be so upset with myself if I gave in to them. I feel hateful almost all the time. My husband and I go days being in the same house without actually talking. I want to be a better mom and wife. I love both my men with all my heart! I just want to be able to interact with them without feeling like I'm having to force myself to do it. I want to sleep all the time and when I'm awake I want to eat. I crave sweets and I never was much on sweets before my pregnancy. Thank you for any advice!
hi there, it sounds like PDD to me, wanting to isolate, your anger, sleep and eating patterns have shifted.  Is there no other way of seeing a doctor? Maybe a wellness nurse?  In Canada, it's free to see any doctor and prescriptions cost less.  I would think there should be a type of Mental Health resource that could help with this?  My girl is 11 weeks old now and my PDD has been increasing.  I just finally got a prescription last week and can't wait for the meds to kick in.  I am very angry though I have a good life and my kids and husband are wonderful, I can't sleep and have no interest in eating, so a bit opposite from you.  I've been finding that getting out of the house helps, but it's so hard to do that most days.  I hope you're doing better since the time that you posted.  I am so happy to have found this site as I don't want to burden my family and friends (which is probably just the depression talking).  |Good Luck!
I am so sorry.  I gave birth, myself, on Aug. 25th and have also suffered from PPD.

I hope you are both feeling better and I am so sorry I am just now seeing this!!!