Could it be PPD?
Hi, I'm not sure if I have PPD or not. I do plan on going to the doctor as soon as I get omn my husbands insurance in October. Until then I'm SOL. Here's my story...
I got pregnant in June/July of last year. My husband and I had been trying for about six months. I quit smoking cold turkey the morning I tested positive. Then while I was six and a half months along my water broke. I also had severe gestational diabetes.  I was in the hospital just a little over 2 1/2 weeks before my son was born. He was very healthy and only had to stay for ten days in the NICU. When I finally got home (I was away for about a month) my father inlaw decided to come visit for a MONTH! He is a chainsmoker and drove me nuts! I kept trying to breastfeed and I just couldn't. I even visited with a lactation consultant and still nothing. My husband has been laid off a few times since our son was born seven months ago and money has been super tight. I want to eat constantly and I feel as though I have no motivation. Our son is a good baby and I consider us lucky in so many ways. I gained 55 lbs during my pregnancy and weigh the same now as I did the day I left the hospital and that was seven months ago! I'm ashamed to be seen by anyone I used to associate with. I was 150 lbs when I got pregnant and now I'm 200! I want to smoke a cigarette so badly but I would be so upset with myself if I gave in to them. I feel hateful almost all the time. My husband and I go days being in the same house without actually talking. I want to be a better mom and wife. I love both my men with all my heart! I just want to be able to interact with them without feeling like I'm having to force myself to do it. I want to sleep all the time and when I'm awake I want to eat. I crave sweets and I never was much on sweets before my pregnancy. Thank you for any advice!
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
hi there, it sounds like PDD to me, wanting to isolate, your anger, sleep and eating patterns have shifted.  Is there no other way of seeing a doctor? Maybe a wellness nurse?  In Canada, it's free to see any doctor and prescriptions cost less.  I would think there should be a type of Mental Health resource that could help with this?  My girl is 11 weeks old now and my PDD has been increasing.  I just finally got a prescription last week and can't wait for the meds to kick in.  I am very angry though I have a good life and my kids and husband are wonderful, I can't sleep and have no interest in eating, so a bit opposite from you.  I've been finding that getting out of the house helps, but it's so hard to do that most days.  I hope you're doing better since the time that you posted.  I am so happy to have found this site as I don't want to burden my family and friends (which is probably just the depression talking).  |Good Luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
287246 tn?1318573663
I am so sorry.  I gave birth, myself, on Aug. 25th and have also suffered from PPD.

I hope you are both feeling better and I am so sorry I am just now seeing this!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community Resources