Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
Feeling it creeping back...

A community of women with Postpartum Depression concerns offering support and sharing experiences. Ask a question or join a conversation: symptoms and management.

Feeling it creeping back...

I am beginning to wonder if there isn't more to this anxiety issue then PPD.  I have responded well to the medication I am on and truly was feeling great.  I still worried, but it was more in line with the normal worry that I think comes from being a first time mom.  I have started to feel that panicky feeling returning more frequently.  That need to obsessively check on him while he is sleeping and struggling with leaving him with people I trust. (the only people I ever leave him with are my husband, my parents and my inlaws, all whom are fabulous with him).  He has been going through a spell of not sleeping, so I am exhausted.  Did you find that lack of sleep contributed dramatically to PPD, or do you think this is more?  I have an appointment next week with the pyschiatrist, but am curious as to what you think.  I wonder if my meds need to be adjusted?  Thanks for any thoughts or feedback!
I only know that with my ppd that lack of sleep had a lot to do with it for me. Even now if I'm exhausted or have pms I start to have those ppd emotions again. Good luck with your appointment and I hope you get some sleep!
YES!!!  Lack of sleep would ALWAYS bring back my PPD symptoms!  In the beginning though, I did increase my dosage and it helped alot.  After about 5 or 6 months I was able to decrease it again.  I hope all goes well with your appointment and you feel better soon!