Has anyone experienced delayed post partum depression when they didn't breast feed ?
I am a mom to two healthy children ages 2.5 and 10.5 months. I experienced PPD following the birth of my daughter and received treatment (counseling meds etc) and eventually things got better in a relatively short period of time (a fees months). I worked through dealing with a traumatic childbirthing experience and an inability to breast feed despite numerous attempts and help. I think I could understand this experience with my daughter more...

The second time around (being at high risk for PPD again) I took proactive steps (prep counseling hypnobirthing time off work wtc) and thought I was in the clear. I was having an amazing time parenting when everything came crashing down.. PPD crept in when my son was 8 or 9 months and it is so devastating:( my mom has now moved in basically to take care of my children and household :( I didn't breast feed my son and everyone's experience with delayed PPD seems to have been when they stopped breast feeding...

I am getting help through changing meds and counseling but I still find it do devastating that I am missing out on this time with my children... This is so awful....

Any insights?...
I am so sorry I just saw this, as I just recently gave birth myself.

As far as PPD being delayed.  I haven't heard of this but that doesn't mean it isn't possible.  I breastfeed all my babies but the length of time has varied, as I once worked outside the home.  I always suffer from PPD, but I get it almost immediately after giving birth.  I have never had an onset once I stopped breastfeeding.  My advice would be to speak with your doctor.  PPD, or any type of depression for that matter, is terrible.

I hope you are feeling better, and again, I am sorry for just seeing this!!!