Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
Has anyone experienced delayed post partum depression when they didn&#x...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Postpartum Depression (PPD).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Has anyone experienced delayed post partum depression when they didn't breast feed ?

I am a mom to two healthy children ages 2.5 and 10.5 months. I experienced PPD following the birth of my daughter and received treatment (counseling meds etc) and eventually things got better in a relatively short period of time (a fees months). I worked through dealing with a traumatic childbirthing experience and an inability to breast feed despite numerous attempts and help. I think I could understand this experience with my daughter more...

The second time around (being at high risk for PPD again) I took proactive steps (prep counseling hypnobirthing time off work wtc) and thought I was in the clear. I was having an amazing time parenting when everything came crashing down.. PPD crept in when my son was 8 or 9 months and it is so devastating:( my mom has now moved in basically to take care of my children and household :( I didn't breast feed my son and everyone's experience with delayed PPD seems to have been when they stopped breast feeding...

I am getting help through changing meds and counseling but I still find it do devastating that I am missing out on this time with my children... This is so awful....

Any insights?...