Aa
A
A
Close
How long does it take to recover?
Hi all, I am starting to develop fear :( it's my first time...
I was wondering how long does it take to recover the delivery? I would like to know your story
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1280088 tn?1432053534
it depend which kind of delivery you had , mine was normal dlivery so i took like 6 weeks to recover but it was painless and fast recovery, but c-section take little long time to recover.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1424416 tn?1330953059
Hi there, after a normal delivery, eg no tearing etc, you should recover fairly quickly, usually within a couple of days you should almost feel like your old self again, I was fine about 5 minutes after the birth of my first baby, up and walking around myself, much to the distress of the nurses lol. after a complicated birth it may take a good few days longer but should still be fairly quick. after a cesarian section however the recovery time in around 8 weeks minimum. good luck and enjoy being a parent :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
377493 tn?1356505749
I had a c-section and actually healed quite quickly.  I was up walking less then 12 hours afterward which I think helped quite a bit.  I followed my Dr.'s instructions to the letter and also was fortunate to have no infection or anything to slow me down.  I have never had a vaginal delievery, so if that is the case with you, I'm sorry I can't be of more help.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community Resources