Aa
A
A
Close
I have suffered ppd with two children and now I'm on my third child and have to be on zoloft whle pregnant
PPD is a very hard thing to go thru, let alone caring for a brand new baby.  Reading all the posts brings back memories.  My husband and I wanted to have a third child but I was so terrified I would suffer from PPD once again, but my ob reassured me that I could begin treatment as soon as I delivered.  So i proceeded to wean off of 60mg cymbalta and try for our third.  We were successful in getting pregnant, but just a month or two into it, I had a depressive episode.  I had to be put on zoloft, and I'm on 150mg, I hated to have to take anything, but I was in bad shape, plus the docs said that to let the depression go would be worse off for the baby.  So now I am 27 weeks and I go to a high risk doc and everything is great with the baby.  Now that I'm on meds during pregnancy hopefully I don't have ppd, which I would of went right on meds right after delivery anyways, but the medicine takes a month to kick in so I would of been higher risk of ppd off of meds.  I had never gone through deppression until I started having children, my psychiatrist says is due to the hormones.  Sometimes I look at other mothers with their new babies and wonder if they have had to go through what I have had to go through, it was so hard, I feel robbed because I never really got to enjoy my babies when they were very little, but with the help of God and meds hopefully this post partum will be different.
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
903027 tn?1242257314
Hello;
I, too, have had a PPD after having our so much wanted little girl. She is now three and I am still taking meds. I feel good but still have to make sure I do not "over do it".
I hear you, it had been my dream since I was 20 to have a baby (I had her at 35) and I was overjoyed after she came and then this "beast" appeared. I would love to have one more (even at 39!) but feel badly taking meds as I don't hink I should decrease or stop them now/ yet. Just like you, I see other new mothers running with their strollers, happy and full of energy and it (used to) make me cry. I have read a number of books and they all say it is better for the baby if you take meds as opposed to not taking them. I wish you all the best. You are so lucky to have (almos) three.  Hugs to you
Comment
Cancel
903027 tn?1242257314
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community Resources