Idk what to do. Depressed
i had my baby last Sunday and I can't stop crying constantly , it doesn't help that my sister passed away 6 days before he was born and I feel like my hormones are sky rocketing. What should I do? Do you think it'll pass? It's so hard enjoying my new baby feeling this way and I want to enjoy it so bad.
Talk to your doctor, it's very important.  They know what to do to help with post partum sadness.  It will not take away the loss of your sister, but it will help you not to be crying all the time.
I would contact your doctor.  As Annie said, it will not take the loss of your sister away, but it might help you emotionally to cope with that loss and also to help you care for your baby.  Good luck.
As advised talk to your therapist and if you haven't seen one do so now.  Im not sure if what ur experiencing is PPD or gried. My first daughters father passed righy around birth and i swore i had ppd. Turns out I was just sad which i had every right to be. That was ur sister and no matter what joy took place in ur life that pain needs time to heal. Pray hard, stay consistent with therapy, medication might be temporarily needed and remember that you are entitled to hurt after such a great loss. Be blessed. Ur in my prayers.
I meant grief*
I was a single mom first time around and got ppd. I didn't want to talk to anyone but knew in the back of my mind I needed help once I got on medicine I felt 10x better. I do feel a lot of it was situational on top of all the hormones. Never be ashamed of how you're feeling or be afraid to ask for help. I hope things look up for you soon.
Talk to your doctor ASAP. It is completely normal to be still grieving your sister's death and the change in hormones can also make that worse. Please get yourself some help.
My baby is 3 weeks old and I completely understand your feelings. First and foremost I'm sorry for your loss. I want to pass on some words of wisdom I received that helped me cope. Combat your sad thoughts with positive ones. That moment before the tears come down, when ur flooded with those thoughts..think...is my baby healthy? The delivery was a success. I brought this little bundle of joy into this world. Not many women can have kids and you have been chosen to be the mom of the beautiful baby you have in your arms. You officially know the true definition of unconditional love. While your sister may be gone you brought life while another is gone. Remember, it took 9 months to get all your hormones in place of this. It's going to take a bit to get back to normal. I started to feel better after week 1. I still have my moments but I am A LOT better. It also helped that I prayed whenever I felt the sadness come.
I had my son on October 29th and my step father passed away on October 30th of a heart attack. I so know the grief feeling!!! I went and sought out counseling and finally almost 7 weeks later with the help of meds and the visiting home nurse that my hospital offered plus family and friends Im finally feeling better!! Go talk to your dr get on meds, dont try to hide how your feeling from people, get out and talk to someone! For the first few weeks I took my son everyday for either a walk or a drive in my car just to get out of the house! Find something you enjoy everyday and look forward to it happening everyday. This will pass!!!!
There is no good answer to your question. I read in a book that death is for the ones that are still here. Your sister is now in a better place. Focuse on your baby because I'm sure that your sister is looking out for you and your beautiful baby. I'm sure she want you to try and enjoy your little one. Give it time the pain won't go away but you will learn to accept and the pain eventually becomes less. Cheer up and good luck with your baby !
My son was born a week ago, and his dad had not once held him... why is that? Can someone please tell me why..