Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
Is it ppd?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Postpartum Depression (PPD).

Is it ppd?

Hi guys! So I will start off by saying my Son I almost four months old and I love him dearly he is the best thing that has ever happened to me! In the last couple months I and others around me have noticed I'm not myself, I'm exhausted no matter how much I sleep, I'm stressed all the time, I feel super alone no matter what even in a room full of people, andI feel extremely distant from my boyfriend even though we spend a ton of time together! I haven't had ANY negative thoughts towards my son, Harming him or being afraid to be alone with him never crosses my mind but I'm just curious could this be ppd?
Sorry this is so long!
Also I'm irritable quite often and find myself snapping at people for no reason.
You could be having ppd or just a case of the baby blues. Baby blues will fade out on its own it's almost like zombie mode but sadder. People say get out the house (if u can) do something for u, excersie, n all that jazz which may help if baby blues but If you have ppd none of that b.s will help! Talking to ur dr. A therapist and perhaps some medicine will help during the rough times, transition and adjustment of your hormones. If someone had cancer you wouldn't tell them to walk it off! I hope u get to feeling better i have had ppd before and I'm sure I will have it again (if I already don't) after I have this baby 32weeks so far! And others have noticed I'm just not me and that is a sign especially being angry
You could def be experiencing PPD.  I always get it and I have had 7 babies.  I never have suicidal thought or thoughts of harming my babies either, but I sure get depressed and cry a lot.  It's awful!  But different people get different symptoms and varying degrees of symptoms.  It does sound like PPD to me.  Might just want to speak w/ your doctor and see what he/she says.  Some anti-depressants might help get those hormonal issues back to normal and get you feeling more like yourself again.

Good luck!