Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
Is this PDD?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Postpartum Depression (PPD).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is this PDD?

I've only talked to my husband about how I've been feeling lately.
I feel as though I am losing myself. I have a 2 year old son and my daughter will be 5 months soon. I've gotten my cycle back for a couple months now and have been blaming all my moodiness on that but I just got over my period and I'm at my worst :( I have also passed if off as breastfeeding too.
I am EXTREMELY agitated and the sound of my baby crying builds me to the point where I feel like I could just flip out! I feel like a mean mommy when I'm like this. I'm at the point where I have been crying and have those days where I could just cry all day. I feel overwhelmed and can't get anything done.
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
See your doctor, it could indeed be (sounds like it definitely is) post-partum depression.  Don't fear, it is hormonal and physical, not mental.  There is a lot of help out there.  Call your doctor tomorrow.  (((HUGS)))  Annie
Blank
287246_tn?1318573663
I agree w/ Annie.  Def sounds like PPD.  Call your doctor ASAP.  There is help and the sooner you get it, the better you will feel.  I know this feeling all too well...
Blank
1779215_tn?1349141170
You are not a bad mommy!
It could be PPD. I had it with my second son 6 years ago and YES I felt the way you did and my oldest son was 20 months old when my second boy was born...It could be that you're having a difficult time looking after 2 babies under the age of 2 which is overwhelming and difficult...trust me I know I felt the same way. My PPD lasted me a few months, very difficult but I was given medication and only took it for a few days as I was finding myself getting addicted to the pills. Don't be afraid, some people have early PPD after birth and some develop PPD later. My suggestion Hun is to go to your doctor and they can prescribe you a low dosage pill. You are not alone, at some people in life most woman go through this, it's not easy but it will get better...I know it will. Don't push yourself, you are a great mom. If you need to talk please I'm here, you can send me a message anytime.
Blank
287246_tn?1318573663
Anti depressants are great for PPD.  They can by anyway.  If they alone don't work, you can also get counseling.
Blank
689528_tn?1364139441
Thank you ladies. I will be making an appointment. I'm a bit worried about taking any medications since I'm breastfeeding though. I may try to go a natural route first to see if things work that way. I may even try a bit of light therapy since it's is quite dismal weather for the next few months since Winter weather has finally been showing it's face!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...