I'v lost custody of my grandaughter because of my daughter suffering from PPD!
  With depression being a on going problem-she had a very depressing pregnancy due to the fathers parents wanting to put the baby up for adoption-it made her more depressed than I have ever seen her!  When my grandaughter was about 3 months old-my daughter started having a very hard time, her OBGYN warned that she was at high risk for PPD.  With no insurance-and not wanting someone to find out for fear of someone taking her child who is her world.
  They have given temporary custody to the father-who still to this day doesnt want this child raised outside of his church and wants her adopted out.  
   She is such a great mother-but now we dont know if she will ever get her child back because she is suffering from PPD.  She is taking Rx and going to counselor and doing better.  
  Will she be punished for the rest of her life and not be allowed to raise her child or is there hope to be cured and get this under control?'
   She also has a large cyst on one side for sure that is large and needs to be removed.  Could this be adding to the problem-any hormone that could be being produced that would possibly being making it worse?

I cannot comment on legal issues but I cannot image someone losing their child over having PPD, unless they are a threat to their child.  Even then, they would lose the child until they are fit to take care of it.  Taking a child from its mom (especially when it's a baby), is HUGE and it isn't an easy thing to do.  

I really can't comment on the cyst because that's a medical thing that her doctor would need to be working with her on.

I can tell you that she should be able to just go get her baby unless this was done through court.  If it was, there should be some plan of action from the court for her and how she can get her daughter back.

I wish you all luck.  My heart breaks for her not having her baby.