Need help fast
Hello I posted this question also in the depression portion of the site but think its more suited here. Over all my ex has become very detached from me always lashing out at me almost to the point where it seems like shes hates me at times and loves me at others. She has called off our marriage and has admitted she is very depressed and it sounds to me like ppd. Can ppd cause her to hate me as the father or get mad at me? I have read it is possible and to not get treated for it can last for years. I need some advice to save our family!

Hello all. Id like to first thank each and everyone of you for this service it is appreciated. I think I am posting in the right section however if I am not I can repost it in another at a diff. time. This is the situation I am in. I have been dating my now ex girlfriend/fiance for almost 3 years now. we had a great relationship. Hardly ever fought were very close and it didnt take long for us to fall in love. we would express our love for one anohter all the time and always talk about how we wanted to get married and have a baby. We in fact did have a baby and were engaged not too long after. very recently seemingly out of nowhere she started telling me she is not happy any longer and she did not love me any more. Confusion is running rampant on my mind. The thing that is so troubling is one day she will be telling me she loves me and things are as good as they always have been and the next day she is back to telling me she doesnt want to be with me any longer. thge constant up and down is really taking me on an emotional roller coaster. I have decided to seek help for myself to either help cope with this loss and make sense of some of it. Mainly I am here to request any information from people that I can. My ex has pushed me out of her life hardly talks to me and is seemingly up and down about her emotions in the sense taht one second she loves me and the next she doesnt want to be with me. she has pushed away from just about everyone who cares about her and shut herself off from the world. She has said things like I feel trapt I need to get away everyone is getting to me. She also just started a new medication not to long ago perscriped by a general doctor which she feels is making everything worse. How can you go from loving someone to not seeminlgly over night and not want to try and even work things out? Any help would be amazing Thank you all
please anyone does this sound like ppd?!
I think your amazing for trying to get help. It sounds like me and my boyfriend! I hate him and done but at the same time I love him and want him to fix it. My son is 10weeks and often I hate him and wish I never had him but other times he means the word to me! I don't know who I am anymore and often I just wanna give up. As a female I feel like asking for help saying you feel negative makes you a horrible person and mom. People just don't understand and it's hard to find help! If she feels like I do find her help because I'm ready to give up. I feel I have it so I wouldn't be shocked if your girlfriend does as well.
Please,,it's just your hormones overreacting.
This can absolutely be from PPD.  Nothing about our hormones, or how they make us feel, is logical after giving birth.  Nothing makes sense.

You said she's on meds and she says they make her feel worse.  If that's the case, she needs to convey that to her doctor.  Sometimes it takes experimenting with different meds to find the right fit.

I hope all is well for you and that you guys get this all straightened out.  And it is so awesome that you want to help her.  She may need that far more than she knows/realizes.

Good luck to you.