Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
PPD or Lack of Sleep?????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Postpartum Depression (PPD).

PPD or Lack of Sleep?????

I have been wondering if I am suffering from PPD for about 1 1/2 months now.  My son will soon be 5 months, and I am having A LOT of trouble concentrating, feeling tired all the time, and constantly afriad that I am not doing enough for my son.  My pregnancy before this one ended in a still birth of identical twin boys, and I constantly think about them and my son, and I have a lot of  guilty feelings.  I have had to return to work to help support my family and it just kills me not to be with my son.  I am afraid that I am going to loose my job, because I really can not concentrate.  I try and try, I even set little goal for myself, but I just can't keep on track.  This is very unusual for me, I am normally very responsible.

I keep asking myself if my lack of concetration and poor mood are due to lack of sleep, or PPD...any thoughts?
I vey well could be ppd. I had it with both of my children I was very moody I was upset all the time, very aggravated with my husband all the time I felt physically and emotionally drained. You should go to your doctor and describe what your going through they may want to put you on a anti-depres. that's what I was put on and it helped out a lot.Hope this helps you out. :)
Several of the symptoms you mention are symptoms of postpartum depression.  And those who experience pregnancy loss are definitely at a higher risk to experience PPD.  You should reach out to your doctor and tell him or her exactly how you are feeling.