Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
Postpartum PMS and nervousness..will it end !!???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Postpartum Depression (PPD).

Hello everyone,
Well I am writing after 2 years of having my third baby.
I never had any postpartum problems in my previous pregnancies but this time was different!
After deliver I use to experience from time to time lighthead, low energy, inner tremors and so... but not all together.
but after one year of giving birth where I was still breastfeeding, I started to experience low energy and fatigue also I got like PMS symtoms (symptoms) with more anxiety than depression kind of..

So now and after knowing the link between hormones and anxiety and emotional disturbance in general, I started wondering when this will end!

So now my case is that EVERY FEW WEEKS mainly before and after period I experience nervousness with some anxiety feelings also fatigue and bordrome but it lasts few days and than back to normal.

After diagnoses doctor said that these are postpartum disturbance hormones related and didn't give me any meds!

I wonder if any of you had this awful experience? when my body will go to normal again? I feel deplitation of my body usual energy (like 70 years old woman :P ) and would love to hear if there is any hope to cope and end this situation?

Thank you in advance!
yes i experiance lots of the same symptoms i get anxious and irritability and lots of anxiety feelings before and after my periods. it seems it didnt start untill after my second child was born.  i also got ppd really bad after her also for about 6 months.  i felt better for the most part for about 3 years having some anxiety here and there but not to bad. i just recently gave birth to twins 2 months ago and the ppd and anxiety are all back really bad  i have been trying to get over all this on my own but doesnt seem to be letting up so i think i will go see my dr to try meds cause the last time they seemed to help me feel so much better and get back to myself.  hope this helped!
Hi dear.. it's kind of you to share your story with me.. it's awful feelings aren't they?!!
to feel unhappy or the fatigue which annoys me a lot so,etimes..

Anyway, what I understood that after second baby  it tooks u 3 years to recover?? and with meds?

Well I hope you will get over this now faster..

Myself I didn't get any meds but got some homeopathic and herbal treatment to tune the nerfs and coold the nervousness and it's helping..

Wish u and myself and all mothers the good luck... with our hormones it's so crazy life we have :)
Hi, I have had ppd with anxiety for about six months now. I have noticed that about a week or so before my period it is worse. I have never felt like this in my life! Mine got shifted in to high gear when I had an allergic reation to a med and my tongue got inflammed. Well my tongue still burns and I don't know why. Doctors said it could be hormones, stress, or fifty other things. I was hoping you could tell me what homeopathic and herbal treatments you are using. Thanks!!
I would speak w/ your doc again and ask if he would be willing to prescribe you anti-depressants.  You can actually get them from your regular doctor as well.
Stay away from homeopathic medicines.  They are not tested or approved by the FDA for effectiveness as well as for safety.  These could bring harm to you too, not to mention bilking out your wallet for no good reason.

Deal with your problems with the use of your doctor and if you are not getting satisfactory help from your doctor you may need to find another.  

You may be having PMS before your period that makes you blue, bloated, irritable, cry, fatigued, and just plain ol' feeling like a witch.  It is miserable but it is a hormonal issue that a doctor can help you with if it gets serious.  The doctor may not consider your monthly hormone changes to be of concern.  You may not need medication.  You need to plan ahead for these rough monthly cycles and take care of yourself.  Get more sleep.  Eat a well balanced diet.  Get excercise.  Watch some comedy movie or anything to get you laughing your guts out.  The endorphines are natural pain killers.  Your mood naturally lifts.

We don't need medicine all the time for what ails us.  Only when your mood becomes genuine depression that does not lift period.  That is when you need help.  Try to ride through the ebb and flow of hormonal shifts with confidence that it is not going to last.
Hi and sorry for not seeing your post before..
I used nervuton and it is wonderful.. you can just use it when needed and will calm your tensioned nervs immediatly.
also I had some chinese herbal med called ( tran Qwill) it's for mood disturbance.
Now am not taking anything thanks god.. just kept my fish oil 1000 mg 3 times \day.
also before going to bed I take calcium and magnesium.
Before period when I feel tensed I use camomile tea.

Hope this help!
I like your post BUT do not agree for the first part.. Homeopathic does really help!
It might be expensive but it is very helpful and there are sooooooooo many natural cures and therapies not approved JUST because the business of conventional meds will be lost!