Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
Ppd while still pregnant ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Postpartum Depression (PPD).

Ppd while still pregnant ?

I'm not sure if this is possible but I'm 32 weeks pregnant and I already feel the ppd kicking in! This is my third pregnancy. With my first I had some baby blues but was okay after a while with my second I had ppd which also gave me anxiety attacks and I was slightly OCD it was really bad so bad that I didn't want n e more kids cus I don't know if I can make it through that again! N despite my efforts to not get pregnant here I am again! It all started about three days ago! It's not a hormone pregnancy thing I can feel the same anxiety depression and panic that I did after my 2nd. I don't want to take meds while pregnant I know I only have a few more weeks to go but weeks seem like years when u feel like this! I just don't know what to do!
I'm so sorry I am just now seeing this, but I would def be very proactive about this, as it sounds like you are.  I am a mother of 7 and have had PPD with all of my kids.  It is really bad for me and I hate that part of having babies.  I leave w/ a prescription in hand, when I leave the hospital.  With my last 2 babies, I have started actually taking the meds while I am still in the hospital from the birth.  So that is what I would suggest to you.  I would suggest taking the meds as soon as you can after you have the baby, and also setting it up now, to make sure you have a strong support system after the baby arrives.

I wish you the best of luck and remember that we are always here.  PM me anytime!
I am only 12 weeks and I dont know if its possible to have pre PPd this soon or if it just hasnt sank in, but I'm freaking out about the whole pregnancy and giving birth. I know I dont feel how I've always imaged myself being or how I've felt when my friends have been pregnent. I know this has nothing to do with your sitution but just wanted you to know your not alone!!!