Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
So scared

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Postpartum Depression (PPD).

So scared

I am only 14 days postpartum and I have been feeling very depressed and down. I went to the doctor yesterday and she prescribed the lowest dose of zoloft 25mg. I took it last night and it made everything worse. I was having the craziest thoughts in my head and I felt like i had no control. It scared the **** out of me. So now that it has worn off I feel like a bad mother for even thinking that way. I cant stop crying and Im scared to be around my child I called the doctor asap and she told me to stop taking it. They sent a referral to a counselor but it wont be til next week. I just wanted to get it off my chest and get a little support. Thank you.
I am sorry to have just seen this.  I don't know how I missed it.  I hope you are now seeing someone and taking new meds, and feeling better.

I know this is terrible but it will get better w/ getting the proper help and some time.  I commend you on taking step immediately in getting help.  So many people wait, but you didn't.  You new something was wrong and off, and you took immediate action.  So good for you!!!

Hope you are feeling better now.
I was on this site and came across your post.  I have dealt with a severe case of ppd and feel i was losing touch with reality b/c of my thoughts and feelings.  I hope you are doing better and please anyone contact me if you need to talk at ***@****
When I had my first child...Ryan, he is 21 now....I had really bad PPD. I would sit on the front steps and hear him crying in his crib....I wanted to just run away. I felt so bad for feeling this way that it was difficult to bond with him. I felt horrible. My whole life I thought about having a baby and then I get it and the feeling I heard from other moms...like love at first sight...it will come naturely...breast feeding is so easy...NONE of this was easy for me...and feeling guilty about it only made it worse. Give yourself a break, being a mother is a hard job, with no instructions and all you can do is try your best. Depression will make all things feel overwhelhing. Find someone to watch the baby for a few hours a week. I found a mom and I watched her two kids four hrs a week in exchange for her watching Ryan...I was broke and it really helped. I would just go home and do things for myself, hget a pedi or just relax. It will help. I also got on Wellbutrin and that made a big difference. Good luck.