Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
can someone answer my ppd questions please? thanks
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Postpartum Depression (PPD).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

can someone answer my ppd questions please? thanks

how can I be sure that what Im experiencing is postpartum depression? I think it is but I dont know if its just hormones or something else. I have been getting severely depressed on and off. One of the biggest red flags I have seen on websites to know that you have ppd is thoughts of harming you or the baby and I cant even imagine doing anything to her or me (because in my mind that would be doing something to her). Also can you nurse while on antidepressants? I feel like im ready to ask my doctor to put me on medication but im worried about being put on medication for a problem that cant be proven that i really have. I dont know I know that may sound crazy but it has been rattling around in my head and if anyone could offer me some feedback It would be greatly appreciated.
Related Discussions
287246_tn?1318573663
Yes, you CAN take anti-depressants while nursing.  I have 6 kids and leave the hospital w/ a prescription in hand.  And I breastfeed all my babies.  It will not harm your baby.

I may have missed something.  I am not sure when you gave birth, but you very well may have PPD.  I always get it and never feel like harming my baby or myself.  I just get super depressed and cry all the time.  You don't have to exhibit every symptom to have PPD.  The things you have seen are just basic guidelines but again, you do not have to have every symptom.

Good luck!  It will get better.  I promise!!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...