Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
can you help me?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Postpartum Depression (PPD).

can you help me?

i had a miscarriage about a week ago i was only pregnant for a few weeks but i had gotten very attached to the baby. ever since i had the miscarriage i've been feeling very different. every night i have the same dream bout the miscarraige (miscarriage). last night on the phone wit my bf (the father) i told him that i wanted to die and be with my child. i took 12 pills of ibuprofin and 8 pills of motrin hoping to O.D. but he made me throw it all up. i feel like i am losing my mind. what is going on with me? please reply soon.
it sounds like guilt and depression. do not blame yourself, it was no ones fault. its normal to feel empty after a loss and i am so sorry for your loss. so many people loose babies. from miscarriage, still birth and infant cot death. it is all out of our hands but you are not alone. would you try again for another baby? even though it was not a baby, or even have a beating heart, you were attached and had a loss. you should take time to mourne. you should talk to your doctor about your feelings, maybe have a deep talk with a councellor. your boyfriend has also made a loss and im sure does not want to loose his girlfriend either. sadly, miscarriages are common. it just means baby was not developing correctly. do you not think it was better for baby to do this than to not develop correctly and fight for life for just a few hours? have a chat with a preist. he will say your baby is now an angel looking after his mum and dad. you must not take it out on yourself, no one is to blame. it also shows you are ready to be a mum. they say if you conceive again within 6 months after a miscarriage, you have better chances of conceiving and carrying to term than if you were to leave it 24 months. how do you feel about trying again? i feel i am not much help as i can only imagine what you went through. there is a miscarriage support group with memebers who may be more helpful than i am lol you are in my prayers x
Miscarriage is Trauma and loss. You are experiencing the greiving process. This was a life you loved.
You may also be experiencing hormone fluctuations.
You may also be experiencing Post Partum Depression. Which pretty much comes with the hormone fluctuations.
I would see a therapist. A therapist can help you understand and deal with your feelings.
I would also go for some long walks. Walking is a natural form of EMDR, which helps process emotions to the thinking part of the brain, where they can be handled and let go.
Walking will help all your body's systems work together, and help you feel better the fastest. Fresh air will help you feel relaxed.
There are many different stages to greif. And they do not happen in any certain order.

Anger
Guilt
Sadness
I think there are a couple more.
You will feel better if you stay connected, have activities, be active, and respect your, obvious, inner respect for the child you lost to miscarriage.

This is very sad!!! I am so sorry to hear bout you loosing your baby... I have absolutly no advice... All I want to say is that everything happens with a reason and your time will come where you will have a absolutly beautifull baby and that child will be healthy!! Hold on girl... Be strong... Dont do something to yourself and leave the people that love and care for you behind!!

Have a great day...

Be strong...xoxo