Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
do i still have post natal depression
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Postpartum Depression (PPD).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

do i still have post natal depression

HEY THERE im a mother of 2 healthy boys a 4 yr old and a 18 month old with my first i got no depression but then with my second about 2 months after he was born i started feeling depressed and anxious and have deal with them both pretty well without meds  i was just wondering because sometimes on and off i will feel low band upset like a bit depressed like a few hours in a day on and off does anyone thing this still could be post nantal depression?? i can also still be very happy and i always enjoy my  kids just sometimes i fwill feel low any ideas??
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
I have PPD and am being treated with meds.  I think the best way to know if it's real PPD as opposed to normal ups and downs is to ask yourself how badly it is impacting your life.  With me it was anxiety and it completely took over.  There were very few "normal" moments and it was having a very negative impact on both me and my son.  If you are in doubt, it is probably best to talk to your Dr.  I am very glad I did.  Good luck to you!
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1370866_tn?1278396355
Anything of which I say is merely opinion based on what I have read, and I am only 19, but this is my insight.
This site has a few words on the matter.
http://www.babycenter.ca/baby/youafterthebirth/postnataldepressionexpert
Personally, regarding any medical feedback or thought, you could be just getting use to it again. I say give yourself more time before making any real choice on what it could be.
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
I have PPD and am being treated with meds.  I think the best way to know if it's real PPD as opposed to normal ups and downs is to ask yourself how badly it is impacting your life.  With me it was anxiety and it completely took over.  There were very few "normal" moments and it was having a very negative impact on both me and my son.  If you are in doubt, it is probably best to talk to your Dr.  I am very glad I did.  Good luck to you!
Blank
yes i have had the anxiety but have had recently had alot of 'normal' time
Blank
i think i will talk to my doctor thanks guys
Blank
Hi Emm,

How did it go talking to your doctor.  Zoloft is a great med for post partum depression because you can bf on it.  If you are not bfing it is also just a good antidepressant in general.  If you try an antidepressant and feel better, well then that is a good thing isn't it.  Worth a try...Good luck to you.  PPD ***** and depression in general.  Everything changes when you help your brain with some meds.  Your outlook, your daily life, your guilt etc.
Blank
thanks i spoke to my doctor and were trying vitamins first im starting to feel a little better as well still get down though but positive thinking has been helping me too
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank