Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
i need help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Postpartum Depression (PPD).

i need help

I am currently 20 years old and this is what is what happened when i was 15 years old. My mum friend and and my mum were having a chat and  I was told to keep my mum friend niece 8 years old occupied while they had a chat. i was curious about girls body and i touched on her privates. i didn't force her or anything but i felt so ashamed of what i did that i kept away from her even when my mum friend told me to look after her as i knew i might do it again, if im with her. I had no idea what i was doing was wrong and feel so terrible and sad as i wish i never had done this. i need advice about what i should do as this guilt is making me feel like a rapist? i havent told my mum or anyone about this as i was really scared at that time and now i feel really ashamed of what i did. i still see my my friend niece but i always feel awkward when talking to her and seems always happy talking to me but i just cant get over of what i did to her. im soo scared right now and i cant sleep. iv been suggested by member from this website to visit therapist but i don't want them to tell the police and im thinking about telling my mum . im not sure what to do, i cant believe i did something like this , i never in my whole life committed a crime, i never did drugs,smoke or even drink and im studying in college right now. i kept this in me for 5 years and but now im really depressed thinking about this
YOU NEED TO GO TO A COUNSELOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! If you are truly remorseful and do not want this to ever happen again, then you need to go speak with someone. I dont know your age, or the age at which you did this but it is not normal for a older man to do this. Now if you were 8 to 11 or so then that might have been just out of curiousity..which is normal, as long as you did not touch her or do anything like that. Curiousity among children is normal, but if you are feeling this much guilt..I have a feeling you have a sexual issue and need to get help before something else happens and you end up in prison. Tell whomever it is that you CAN NOT WATCH CHILDREN BECAUSE YOU DONT WANT THE RESPONSIBITLY...MAKE SOMETHING UP IF YOU HAVE TO!!!! Stay away from children and get some professional help. You may find what you did was harmless, or that you truly do have a problem...either way getting help is the right thing to do...before its to late!