life
unsure about my feelings, just had my second child 3 weeks ago she was 3 weeks early, the delivery was horrible, embarrassing and I felt berated and just completely humiliated, the nurse was unbelievably mean and was not even in the room half the time, my boyfriend of 10 years was also not much of a consoling figure as he loves me but has no idea how to deal with me, he just looks at me with a blank look or trys to change the subject if I talk about my feelings of weirdness,,,,, I own my own business and had no choice but to go bwvk to work because an employee could not handle it and basically quit, so I qm back working after 2 weeks, I'm attributing my feelings to much of that stress, and the depressions to the labor when I think about it I cry, .....my baby may have colic she screams from 10pm to 12 pm every night, I think I love her because I worry about her and I think she is cute but I seem to do everything because I have to not because I want to, I look at her and I'm confused, I'm such a great mother to my son he is my life and Id be lost without him....I just don't know why I don't feel that way about her and It worrying me
Hi there,

Your life sounds very tough at the moment, having a new baby is enough for anyone without having to go back to work within 2 weeks.  I think you need to go and see your doctor/health visitor and speak to them about your feelings, they are perfectly natural to a mum that only has her baby to look after and for someone in your situation they are even more understandable. But you can't do it all, it is impossible and you won't be able to bond withyour baby with everything else that is going on.  Please try and speak to someone who can help you.

Regarding the colic, a book that helped me is called 'Calming Colic', my son (now 9 months) had an awful first few months with the colic, he would scream from 7pm-10pm and we couldn't work out how to help him. I was recommended this book and also told to see a cranial osteopath and both helped immensly.  Please take a look at the website www.calmingcolic.com, or the facebook page https://www.************/CalmingColic

You are a great mum, but also a human being and there is only so much one person can cope with alone.

I really hope things get better for you soon.

Gail