Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
question for you all

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Postpartum Depression (PPD).

question for you all

I dont have post pardum depression but this is the only forum I think best suits my question. I suffer from a lot of anxiety. Through out my pregnancy it never really set in that I was pregnant literally it was like everytime I thought about my pregnancy I was like "oh ya Im pregnant" The reason was I believe because anxiety was sooo high and front and center in my mind. Finally I had the baby the labor was very nerve racking for me. For the first few months I was like I love this baby soo much but for some reason I dont feel like I carried her or that I gave birth to her. It felt almost as if I had adopted her and someone else gave birth. Every once in a while I will get that feeling again and it bugs me. I have recently come to think that it was because I felt soo disconnected from my pregnancy and that is why I feel like love this my baby but didnt give birth to her. I know it probably all sounds so strange. I love my baby tonssssss trust me shes adorable. But why do I feel like I didnt give birth to her and is this strange?
Anxiety really can do some funny things to you.  It sounds like it is possible you disconnected yourself during the pregnancy and just need a little help to reconnect to those feelings.  You need to talk to a therapist or counselor that can help you.  This does happen.  I am a L&D nurse and have had patients this has happened to for various reasons.  The brain can do things we don't understand when it is under too much pressure or anxiety.  It can simply shut down so we can handle it.  I am so glad you saw this and recognize this could be a possibility.  Sounds like you love her very much and I bet this can be pretty easily fixed.  Congratulations! and find a counselor that you can talk to.  Keep in mind that whether we have depression normally or not sometimes anxiety and depression go hand in hand with hormonal changes.  I know mine sure did.  I have anxiety anyway.  After I had my children it caused me problems but nothing that a counselor and Zoloft for 2 months didn't fix.  You may not need the meds to put everything back on track.  I wish you the very best!  Keep us updated.
I was just diagnosed with PPD but my symptoms are more of the anxiety. I literally thought I was losing my mind. Constant nervous stomach and I couldn't eat or sleep. I would worry constantly about my daughter. That was two weeks ago. The dr put me on Celexa and short term use of Klonopin. I already feel so much better. My daughter is 8 months old but the anxiety has been there since she was born. It just really got dibilitating a couple of weeks ago. I hope you are feeling better soon!