Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
second opinion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Postpartum Depression (PPD).

second opinion

Hi everyone
My story is quite the long and depressing one, I'm currently 5 weeks pregnant I just found out 3 days ago. When you hear that your pregnant most jump in joy happy about their pregnancy.  But me not so much since I got impregnated  by a married man with a kid himself. I'm not so happy about it I feel terrible I don't no weather I should keep this little baby or not. On top of things I work with this gut so I see him often so there's no avoiding him. I know he wants me to get an abortion saying its not the right thing to be happening for us right now. But part of me does want to keep this child, but truth be told all the drama pain and humiliating that will come with the decision of  keeping this baby is scaring me from wanting to keep it. I'm stuck in this difficult point indecisive of my choices I really don't know what to do
When it comes down to it you need to figure out what is best for you, if you want to keep this baby, you should. don't let him pressure you into anything you don't want to do.
Do not listen to that guy!!! He is telling you its not good for your relationship right now....what a load of crap.He really means its not good for HIM right now. If there is a sparkle or chance that you want this baby then please think long and hard about keeping him or her. This guy and your job will not be around forever but a baby will. Right now you have to think about what is best for you and the baby...not him! Think about how you are going to feel a year from now.....if you need to have an abortion I completely understand..its a decision a person has to make on thier own, but if you decide to have the baby remember this.....men come and go....jobs come and go.....but a child is forever. They can bring great joy and the most painful sorrow, but they are a gift from god and are worth the work. This guiy is a jerk. Do not listen to him. He is only worried about his other relationship and his wallet. If you need to talk to someone find someone who is not so close to the situation. Good luck and please just make the right decision for you...not anyone else. They will not be there in the middle of night to help with a crying baby, or there financially..so this decision is entirely up to you!
Another thought...if you decide to keep this baby...start looking for another job. I no how office gossip is and it will only be more difficult for you if you stay there....Or dont tell anyone who the babys father is...it is nobodys business anyway...good luck!