ugggg
So I'm bipolar type 2. I felt pretty depressed during my pregnancy on and off. My daughter is  a week old. I've not only had the changes of motherhood like sleep deprivation and all these hormones to deal with but my husband just got a job. I had a csection a week ago. It was infected but I had antibiotics for it. Im having some horrible unexpected pain scar tissue pain from my swelling from my csection. I feel very crappy I keep getting migraines and I seriously can't eat anything. My anxiety is god awful right now because I'm constantly paranoid my baby will suffer from sids. Even though I've read all about it and havedone everything to prevent it. I am being strectched thin. Im taking my bipolar medicine but I'm obviously having some problems. I'm wondering if this is tpical new mom sadness or something more. Should I wait it out or just suffer. I love my daughter so much though. When I hold her none of this matters. She's so precious to me. But physically and emotionally I feel like crap. Ug what to do.
Awww, I am so very sorry you are feeling so bad.  I have 8 kids and always suffer from PPD.  I always take anti-depressants for a while after giving birth.  I don't, however, have any real experience with bi-polarism or how that can be affected after giving birth.  I strongly urge you to speak to your doctor about it though.  Anti-depressants aren't addictive and you don't have to take them forever.  Zoloft or Lexapro are safe (don't know if you are breastfeeding or if you can w/ your bi-polar meds).  I started taking some natural supplements while I was pregnant this last time (my baby is 3 months old), and they really helped.  I sell them now.  I don't want to push that or want you to think that I am pushing that because I sell them now.  But for someone that has suffered from PPD so many times, I was willing to try anything.  And I read about these while I was pregnant this last time.  If you want more information, just PM me and I will give you the name and link to my site.  They REALLY helped me not to be NEARLY as depressed or for as long as I normally am.  I still take them and will continue to take them.  I was out of them last week and my anxiety got really bad.  I got more of those supplements and I feel much better now.

Feel better and please message me anytime.  I am sorry you are feeling so bad and I hope you find what works for you.  Again, I understand and am here if you need to talk.