Bleeding after sex / sperm allergy?
Hi everyone,

Ever since my husband and I started trying for kids, I feel like I haven't stopped bleeding or spotting. I used to have perfect 4 week cycles as we used to use condoms, but since ttc my cycles have become longer due to the spotting/bleeding. We have spent about a year and a half going through the gynaecologist trying to find out whats wrong. I've had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy and they seem to be ok, although some time red dot patches were found in the neck of my womb during the hysteroscopy. I have had every blood test under the sun and so has my husband and they are all ok. I've had scan and smears and they are ok.

It has taken 2 years to finally realise what is the cause of the problem and that's because we haven't had sex on 2 of the months we've been ttc. During those 2 months, my cycles return to 4 weeks and there is no bleeding until my period begins!! I obviously have a problem with my husbands sperm! I have looked up sperm allergies, but I don't get the pain and bad itching that is described. Also, the bleeding isn't immediately after or during sex, it comes on about 2 or 3 days later, but you can always guarantee it will. I also find that the bleeding will always stop for ovulation, but if we have sex around ovulation, I will then start bleeding at 3dpo and won't stop till my main period, it just goes from spotting to light period as my lateal phase goes on.

I am waiting now to get my referral to fertility, but I am desperately trying to find someone in my situation or someone who knows what this could be.

I would really appreciate any help.

Did you ever find out what was going on?  I too have had strange symptoms only since the first time my husband and I had unprotected sex.  We resumed protected sex and the seemingly 'hormonal' symptoms continued so I thought my hormones had become out of balance for some reason.
Then around April 2010 we began to have unprotected sex every time, to 'try' to get pregnant.  Since then I have been spotting every single month on around the 19th or 20th day.  This is not normal for me at all - I have never spotted in my life but now it's like clockwork.
I happened to see a show on TV about a woman who couldn't get pregnant (we are also having difficulties although nothing is technically structurally wrong) because she was allergic to her husband's sperm.  This made me start thinking about this possibility even though I never had severe sypmtoms after sex like pain and itching.  When I looked it up online, it said that for people who are allergic, even sperm landing on their skin causes a rash - which ALWAYS happens with me!  Anyway, I had never thought about the possible spotting connection until I read your post.  
I'm going to make an appointment with my naturopath and see what she thinks, I think there is testing that can be done to find out if you are allergic.  In the meantime I am thinking about seeing whether having protected sex for the next month affects whether I spot or not.
I would love to hear your update...
I had the same problem with a man I was dating. I was taking birth control so we didn't use condoms, but I got pregnant anyway with identical twins. Around 10 weeks I lost both babies. I didn't know I was pregnant until a couple days before I lost them. I had been drinking and taking thermogenics and believe that is what caused the miscarriage. I had no suspicion I was pregnant because of the birth control and constant spotting. After we split up the bleeding stopped! We hooked up 3 times in the last couple years and every time I get spotting a couple days later for a day or two. I also had no itching or burning, just spotting. I went to a couple different doctors and they all said there was nothing wrong with me.