Delayed period or pregnant?
Hi, I am 24 years old my husband and I decided we'd start trying to have a baby in October. At the beginning of august I told him let's have fun with it and not track ovulation (I've been on a prenatal vitamin for the last 2 months).He agreed we're both more than ready so why not have a little fun with it. Well, my period is late. My last period was July 2nd - July 7th. My cycle length is normally between 34-38 days. We had sex: July 27, 29 and August 2, 8, 11, 19. I've taken two pregnancy test one one on August 18 and today August 26 both were negative. Is my period just late or am I taking the test too early? Please help!
Well, you had sex pretty far along in your cycle but you have a longer than average cycle.  The thing is, you'd get a positive pregnancy test most likely by this point.  I'd wait one week and test again.  But there is a pretty good chance you just ovulated much later than normal and are having a longer cycle than normal.  Weird, isn't it, that the just for fun month is the month that your cycle goes wonky?  Yeesh. Our bodies need to know when to cooperate.  Anyway, good luck and happy baby making!