Does going off birth control screw up your period?
I went off birth control about a month ago, and I still haven't had my period. I've had nausea for the last week and a half. I've been crampy for about a week now. When I do get my period, I'm only crampy for a day or two before it comes, and then I'm find after that. I've taken two pregnancy tests.... the first one was First Response, and the other was Clear Blue. Both came out to be negative... How much longer should I wait, before seeing my doctor?
yes...when I went off bc it took 3 months to get  my period...My doctor told me to call if no period within 3 months...
Stopping birth control can screw up your whole system. I've been on and off birth control since I was 16 and always have something strange happen when I stop it. If you're thinking you might be pregnant you can go get a blood test done to check your hormone levels. If you don't want to do that wait another week or two then take another. With my current pregnancy I took six tests, knowing I had to be but didn't get a positive until I was about 5 weeks along. I took 3 or 4 then when one came up positive I had to take one or two more to make sure then still went to the doctor for a blood test.
It can take up to one year for your period to be "normal" again. I stopped taking bc on December of 2007. Didn't get my period until February 2008. then didn't get it again until April and it has been  regular since then up until last month. So yes , it's normal. Your body is getting used to your hormones again
I was put on bc for not having a period for almost two years then I was on bc for about 6 months stopped taking it back in Jan 09 my cycle was 28 days but then march hit and I ended up going to a 37 day cycle! so yeah it can mess you up and it can help you as well so I would say its a 50/50 split!
So I'm not the only one that has had this happen. I think I'll call the doctor's anyways just to be safe. I've had a lot of the early signs of pregnancy, but like I said, all my tests have come out negative. Thank you so much for everyone's imput! I feel a little better. :)
oh wow okay cuz I'm going on 36 days and I was so worried. I got off birth control in December and had every period start on the 20th for Jan, Feb, and March, Which is really unusual??? And now I got all my period symptoms and had a negative pregnancy test but it still hasn't come! I feel better now, I'm just gonna wait it out!
I got off birth ccontrol in Feb and i started my periodnin may then didnt have one again then in october I went to the dr. And they testedd for pregnancy came back negative so they gave me the provera challenge i bled then in November no period and still havent had nother period yet so in jan i got to go back and take the provera challenge again it ***** because im ttc and its ot going the way i planned