Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community
Due for period but light brown discharge instead?

If you've been trying to conceive (TTC) for less than one year, this patient support community is the place to discuss your hope, inspiration, joy and struggles, as you sprinkle Baby Dust during the Two Week Wait (TWW). If you’ve been trying to conceive for more than one year, please visit our Fertility/Infertility/IVF Community.

Hi everyone! I hope someone can help me!

I was due for my period yesterday but all I got was a little brown discharge on the toilet paper when I wiped normally my first day is very heavy (tmi warning) covering the toilet paper with bright red blood that is very slimy. I'm sorry for the tmi! But the brown was really only as I wiped, not seeping out in any way. It was only a few times when I wiped yesterday then went away all day only reappearing slightly before when I wiped. Not normal for me at all.

My last menstral was on august 29th and I'm usually regular due to the fact I am on the pill. I was a week late that month (odd) and then went for an unrelated ultrasound on sept 12th. He said he saw a cyst on my right ovary which is uncommon due to the fact the pill should control that. While he was goin over the results he mentioned that sometimes women on the pill can release an egg and that is when you hear the pill failed. Now my longterm bf and I always have unprotected sex because I am on the pill. I had been having pregnancy symptoms before the appointment but didn't say anything because I figured it was in my head and if I was he would be able to tell! They did a vaginal ultrasound.

Since the appointment my symptoms have tripled giving me about every sign in the book! I'm always nauseous, always hungry, can sleep for days, have headaches all the time, dull cramps in lower abdomen, full feeling in lower abdomen, dizziness and nervousness (jitters). I pee three times the normal amount too!

Now because of all that and what the doctor said I've been wondering so I took a test yesterday morning before the brown blood and it was negative. But today I've been even more nauseous and normally af would have made her appearance I would have thought by now.

My question is, do you think this light brown blood can mean I'm pregnant? Are these just symptoms of the cyst? Could the doctor have mistaken the cyst for a sac knowing I was on the pill? I have heard people showing negative hpts for weeks after they actually conceived? Could this be me? I'm dying to know!!
Does anyone have any advice?? I really could use it!! Thank you!!
Sounds like old trapped blood that finally made its way down. Don't be afraid to ask the Dr or tell the Dr anything, that's why they get the big bucks (&/or their nurse should be a great comfort to you)! The Menstrual Tracker or Ovulation Tracker may be an added help for you too. They've helped me out a lot! Don't be hesitant to write down your concerns/questions before visits to Dr.  Here's hoping for the best to you! ♥¸¸.•*´¨`´¨ `(✿◠‿◠)✿⊹⊱╮❀☮
Hi, Katie:
From personal experience, symptoms like prego ones can be caused by your mind if you stress enough, depression, lifestyle & another possible reason is that the pill itself when your period comes will cause you the symptoms because your hormones changes exactly around the time you are about to get your period. I used to have them symptoms everytime when I was on BC... because the hormonal changes just get you all messed up. If you took a pregnancy test and it came negative (if you were pregnant) then you don't have enough HCG in your body just yet, remember you produce HCG right after implantion, therefore the symptoms shouldn't even be able to be that crazy just yet! Some women tend to sence when their ovum gets fertilized & stuff but their symptoms won't be like that... so I believe that your stuation can be from hormones changes or stress, not from pregnancy. Good luck on everything though! :) God bless.