Late Period Pregnancy Test Negative
Hi.  I have been off b/c since April  and started to calculate my cycle.  After a few months, it looks as if I was on a 35-day cycle.  So, 35 days would have been July 12th, as of today, July 15th, I still do not have it.  I am 4 days late.  I did take a pregnancy test and it was negative.  Should I be concerned or do I need to relax?  I understand that my body need to regulate due to being on the pill for a long time.  

I am trying so hard to calculate so that my husband and I could start to try to have a baby.  I am soo confused...

hi can anyone tell me that what should i do ? usually i've problem of irregular periods, so on my FNP's advice i started
taking Birth Control Pills on 9th of SEP, but, stopped them
after taking them for 5 days ie. on 13th of SEP and that day
my periods stopped too, but, then again my periods heavily
started on 16th til 19th of SEP. but, lately since last 10 days
i started having severe menstrual pains and then symptoms like
nausea,sleeplessness during nights, extreme tiredness during
the day, frequent urination, hair loss, breast tenderness and the strange thing is - my PG test came Negative which i took at the clinic on 11th of OCT. another thing that bothers me is that i feel pretty much heaviness & stiffness in my lower abdomin with a thin brown coloured line starting from my naval piont
further going downwards. i also feel that there's something in
my stomach, well can anyone tell me that after how much time i
should take the PG test again ?

to jennie

i think you are pregnant because when i was pregnant with my first child i also had a brown line starting from my naval point going to my belly button.  it got darker as the months passed. i also felt the heaviness and stiffness in my lower abdomin mostly when i was sitting down or when i was driving.
okay last month i tried to take birth control, however, i was way too hormonal and always on edge. i began taking it the first day of my period (7/06) , and stopped 3 days into it. my period also stopped. then on 7/16 it started again only lasting a few days. well, i normaly get my period the second week of the month.  it is now the fourth week of the 8th month, and no period. i have been very bloated, tired, cranky, with tender breasts, and sharp pains in my abdomen (felt these pains the last time i was pregnant) SO..needles to say i took a pregnancy test but it came back negative. i took the prego test on 8/18 and still no period! what is going on?  
Ok....my hubby and I were actually trying to have a baby. I am late by 6 days...never been late. I took urine test and blood test...and both have been negative. I know this might sound gross...but I have clear vaginal discharge. It doesn't smell or make me itch. What should I do....please help im desperate thanks so much bee. My dr is no help..they want to jump start me...but that could hurt the baby if its in there....
is it possible to be pregnant but have a negative test result even after being 3 weeks late?
I just had a baby March 24th, my period came may 13, june 18, july 19, and now nothing... it's September 3rd.... I've been having unprotected intercourse with my hubby, I've never taken birth control.. I have 2 kids and both pregnancy tests that I took showed positive right away.. but now I've taken 2 and both came out negative... the brand was called "Answer".. got 2 tests in 1 box... I've never had irregular periods I've NEVER missed one for a whole month, I'm only 22 yrs old... been havin stress and did gain weight wit the last baby.... maybe thats it? I dunno... I get nausea and the discharge and I sleep in for no reason and am tired all day every day..... I dunno when to go to a doc ... any advice??
wow.  There are so many ppl in the same boat.  I am there too.  I have no advice for anyone, other than to wait it out and see.  That's what I'm doing.  I have one child already and are trying for my second and also had one m/c.  With both of my pregnancies, I noticed a pulse in my belly while laying on my stomach (that's how I sleep at night) and that was my "sure-fire" sign of pregnancy before ANY test could detect it for me.  I'm six days late right now, and also I've been checking my cervix which has been high and soft for....18 days on and off now.  It's only suppose to be high and soft when you're ovulating or pregnant...from what I've read so far anyway.  I have a dr. appointment on Oct. 3rd so I figure that if I'm STILL getting negative test by then, I can ask my dr. what's going on.   I understand why everyone's here and you all have posted to this site.  The waiting game is HORRIBLE.  Heck, I'm here too.  But really, if you are REALLY sure that you're pregnant and the test are telling you otherwise, go and see your dr.  If he's done a blood test, have him check your cervix...it should look different when you're pregnant...SHOULD.  And PLEASE don't stress about it as I know we all are because that can seriously affect our periods and our chances for achieving pregnancy.  And to all those that have had unprotected sex thinking they could "fool" the sperm by having sex during your period or pulling out or whatever, you won't be fooling anything but yourself.  LET US ALL KNOW YOUR OUTCOMES! I will try to remember to post mine here!
srry it continues to post my last posting.....
Still nothing yet.  I took a HPT yesterday (although probably very diluted) it came up BFN so I'm still waiting.  Thirteen days late...no period yet....cramping on and off, some light spotting two weeks ago (only showed some pink on toilet paper)...sore breasts on and off...very confused and hopeful! I will keep you all posted!!
I said I'd keep you all updated, whether you want it or not so here's my newest update.  I took another HPT last night, new brand for me called Accu-Clear by Walgreens.  I'm currently 20 days overdue for my AF with some cramping again in my abdomen and my lower back for the last couple days was very bothersome.  The HPT I took, showed a VERY EXTREMELY faint line during the time limit.  I was unsure if I was really seeing a line, so I tucked the test away.  This morning when I woke up, the line was definitely there.  And I KNOW you shouldn't read a test after ten minutes, BUT, I DID see a VERY faint line within the time limit...I swear I did.  So, I'm praying and hoping the test is a BFP.  I am still awaiting my doctor's appointment next Wednesday to be sure, but I'm so excited because I have a good feeling I really DID see that line last night as the test was working! I will again continue to let everyone know if I indeed am pregnant!! And please, let me know your outcomes...
Well, I have another update.  I got my AF last night. :( Maybe it's just a little bleeding, as it's not been that heavy, but I also took another HPT this morning, first thing, and it is negative.  So, I'll just wait and talk with my doctor and follow the advice he gives me.  Hope you all are getting your prayers answered!
hey!! im 17 and i'm 7days late.i've taken 3 pregnancy test(on the 3rd and 4th day of my missed period and today) it all came back negative. i've always had a regular period..my bf and i did not use a condom during intercouse but he redrawn before ejaculation..is there a chance by anyhow i'm pregnant? i haven't had any symptoms so far.should i wait a little longer to take another pregnancy test?
Withdrawing before ejac. doesn't constitute as birth control.  Men usually have a pre-*** (sorry to be so blunt) so before they actually finish, they've already implanted their sperm into you.  So, in my opinion, yes you very well could be pregnant.  You should ALWAYS use a condom if you aren't planning to get pregnant or use SOME sort of BC.  I think that's a given these days and should be considered commen sense.  If you're not using it, you are being irresponsible and immature.
COMMON sense not commen...sorry for the misspell...
Hello! Ah to start, to comment on the teenagers that have posted on here ahead of me. You really REALLY need to know the exact date of your period if you are going to have sex which means birth control pills. If your parents are against it talk privately to your doctor about it and chalk it up to having really bad periods. If you are later than normal as a teenager it is kinda normal to not have a regular period. If you are real late and the tests are coming up negative go to a doctor, and talk to your mother. She may be more understanding than you think. OKAY! On to my problem. I was suppose to start my period last wednesday and I am 5 days late. I am never never late, even when I stopped birthcontrol once before I was not this late. I took a test on friday and it came back negative. Would a yeast infection have an effect on that outcome? It developed thursday and was in full  mode friday. I plan on taking another test wednesday or thursday if my period does not come. But I do need some advice.  Thanks
Update: The yeast infection is gone and I took two more pregnancy tests. Still negative. I still have not had my period and still getting acid reflux or stomach issues everyday. I called my ob-gyn and the nurse set up an appointment for me. She wasn't able to really tell me what she thought was wrong. So November 2nd I go in. Well that is if my period doesn't start by then.
Another update: Bumpped up my doctors appt to monday and went in. Still negative on the pregnancy test front. They believe that stressed caused me to miss ovulation all together. So I am on pills for 10 days to get my period going once they are at an end. If it doesn't start then I have to take another pregnancy test. >.< I'm just wondering right now why is it my breasts hurt, and why have I been getting such bad acid reflux to where it feels like I am going to vomit.
7 YRS SEEMS LIKE A LONG TIME TO HAVE THE DEPO. I HAD MY DEPO INSERTED IN 2001 AFTER MY SON WAS 5 MONTHS OLD AND DECIDED TO GET  STOP GETTING THE SHOT IN 2003.IT SEEMED LIKE FOREVER, WHEN IN DEC. OF 2005 I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT WITH MY NOW 14 MONTH OLD SON. I GUESS IT JUST DEPENDS ON THE INDIVIDUAL. BUT MY ADVISE TO U IS, DON'T TRY TO GET PREGNANT,WHEN U DON'T THINK ABOUT IT, IT HAPPENS.WHAT U END UP DOING IS STRESSING ABOUT GETTING PREGNANT.
HELP!  I'm just 18 and 11 days late on my period, i havent been on the pill, i took a clear response HPT and it was negative, when do you think i should go to my doctors?

Also, the guy i'm seeing, (who if i was pregnant would be the dad) says if i am he would either hang himself or move to another, how do i handle him? he's a grown man of 35 with 4 children already so i was hoping he could reassure me, it's not as if either of us planned it,

would be very grateful for the advice xxx
k...im 21 and a mother of 1, af b 4 last was HEAVY, so heavy that i had to go to the er...the next period was 4 days late and brite red and only lasted for 3 days...now i am late for my current period, i keep on getting negative tests! ive had very little signs of pg like i cant smell certain foods, i get nausea if i do. i gag when i gargle or brush my teeth. i dont know!! the nurse at my clinic always laughs at me when i go in to do tests, so i really dont want to go back, but i kinda do cuzz if i am, then i can laugh at her, lol. if someone can help, please do!!!!pleaaase this is driving me nuts!! i am going to retest on the 23rd...
many thanxx, best wishes, and baby dust,
-alili-
Hi, I am 27 and ttc! I am on metformin 3 times a day and clomid days 5-9 of cycle. My af has been coming regularly for the past 4-5 months since i started using the metformin w/ clomid. It is currently 6 days late. My lmp was october 12th. im on a 30 day cycle. I took a test a few days before missing my cycle and it was neg. I took another on wed morning and bfn! i took one tonight and again bfn!!!!!

My hubby thinks i am pregnant! i am having a hard time believing its possible. Although i have found lots of sights where people have the same problem. I was looking to see what else might be wrong and it all comes up with pregnancy stuff.

there have been more days than not when i seriously thought i had my cycle and went to check and it wasnt there. I WANT TO BE PREGNANT! however id rather get my period than keep wondering of something is wrong! can i truly be pregnant? anything will help!!! thank you
k...its me again, just wanted to update, this tiome i got my period on time, but it only lasted like 3 days...now its gone, and i d k what to think...
ok my period is iregular. last month oct. i got it the 18th lasted for 5-7days. Iv been having unprotected sex. He has gone inside me everytime.Last time we had sex was nov.14th. I got what i thought was my period the 18th of nov. lasted less than 2days. three days later i got a drop of some pinkiesh stuff. i took a preg. test and it came out neg. idk wat to think. could i still be pregnant and its juss to early to tell because we had sex 4days before my so called period??? help.. should i worry. im having preg. symptoms still....
It may be possible that you are pregnant!  Take an early pregnancy test, just to make sure, and I hope that you are:)  It may be that your cycle will just keep coming a few days later than before though, until your body is adjusted from being off the pill.  Remember that a light cycle can still be a pregnancy, as long as it's not normal for you & you have something to go by with comparing your previous months.  Good luck to you and take care...
Hi I am late also! I am 23-26 days like clockwork. (I kept track all year.) I am at 34 days now (Tues 12/4) & no signs of period. Just breast tenderness off & on. Took HPT last night & it was negative. My doctor's nurse says it's normal to get a late period or even skip a cycle. While this may be true for some, it's not normal for me. I have never had a cycle past 29 days. Ever. I'm 32. It's just very unusual for me. I'm not under any stress (until now) Although I would be happy if I was pregnant:) Can it still be possible? The nurse says not likely. I made an appointment for later in the month since I'm overdue for my yearly anyway.
Thanks:)
I did it again...answering an old post that is 2 years old, but at least I gave a general answer that would apply to the rest of you:)  I would say to test when you expect your normal cycle, if you happen to be regular.  Whether you get it now or later on, it should still show up to test positive when it should...if you are in fact preggo.  Take care and good luck to all of you!
i am extremely frustrated. i had just and only ONE depo shot in Sept.2006. then decided we wanted to try get pregnant... It mucked me up a bit but recently my periods settled into a 39 day cycle, which is still long, but it was exactly 39 days for 3 consecutive cycles. Anyway, this cycle, I am on day 51 and no period and no SIGN of period coming in the next few days (always get breast tenderness and cramps one week before)... Also no other signs of being pregnant. i havent taken a test because i have spend SOO much money on wasted tests and i dont want to waste another $10 if i have absolutely NO other symptoms at all. Such a joke.  Also, last time i was in with the GP, he said he wouldnt suggest any medical assistance in trying for a baby because I am 22 (but responsible, married with a mortgage etc) and NOT 35! I dont think it was right for him at all to imply that 35 was a better age to be getting assistance than 22 as I have a strong desire to have all my children BEFORE i am 30 and it is MY and My Husbands decision, not his. I am so confused as to where to go from here.  We havent been stressing about getting pregnant either as i have resolved myself to the fact that it probably wont happen.
I'm 6 days late, pregnancy test negative. I have to go to the clinic and a blood test today. I'm never late usually early. started trying in sept. I'm just waiting. I have tender breasts, tired, I had a nurse tell me she thinks I will start period soon. I just don't fell it will. Ineed a postive test or start my period. It's frustrating. Thanks For Reading
I went in on friday for the blood test it was negative. Today is Sunday and I took a home pregnancy test and it was positive. I was shocked I had my husband look at it, I tought I was seeing thinks but he said their is a very faint pink line. I'm so excited I'll go see my doctor on Monday. Good Luck to Everyone, BABY DUST!!!
Okay, So I need any responses or past experience from anyone out there in a similar situation as me...

For the past 6 months or so, I've been fudging on the Pill and not being 100% good with it, but that is okay, as me and my hubby have decided to go off the pill as of this last cycle.  I tried during the most fertile times, twice daily. ;o)  

My LMP was on Xmas 2007, as of the 22nd of Jan., I am late.  I've taken 2 HPT's and 1 at the Dr., all negative.  The Dr. wrote the whole thing off and told me that it was neg. and that I should try again, it hurt to hear that the test was neg., but I still FEEL the same, so this did not ease my mind.  

My body feels different than it ever has, I am so nauseas, cramping & pains without bleeding, tired, loss of appetite, cranky and breast soreness... and my lower abdomen feels firm, almost constricting like I'd been doing stomach crunches, but not.  As mentioned, I feel like I never have before, almost like I'm about to start, and then nothing.

I'd love to be pregnant, though I guess I should almost wait it out until Tues. or Wed. of next week and do a blood test?  Any help or advice from people who have been in this position would be greatly appreciated.
Most books will tell you that it after you go off the pill you may begin ovulating right away (I did when I conceived my son) or it may take even up to a few years to return to normal.  I had a friend whose first cycle off the pill was about 50-60 days long, and then she conceived the next cycle.

First, for anyone coming off the pill and TTC, I would make sure you are ovulating.  All women TTC should buy Toni Weschler's book Taking Charge of Your Fertility and read it cover to cover.  Even if you're not TTC, it's extremely important education about your cycles and when you're fertile.  You can chart your temperature (described in the book), check your cervical fluid, or buy ovulation predictor kits.  Last month I found one that has 20 tests in it, which is perfect for women with irregular or unknown cycles.  

To your situation specifically, you say that you "tried during the most fertile times" but I'm not sure what that means.  Were you just trying around day 14, or did you know from cervical fluid and/or OPKs that you were fertile?  If you know you did ovulate and you have all those symptoms, I would take heart from some of the posts on here from people who were pregnant and didn't test positive until many weeks in (I'm also testing negative but feel pregnant).  If you're not sure that you ovulated, well, wait and see.  Which leads to my next thought...

When I first went off the pill, I did start ovulating right away but I wasn't TTC.  I actually was feeling so lousy that I had a complete allergy workup done.  I was totally not myself, exhausted, and could barely lift myself off the couch whenever I was home, for about a month.  And then it passed.  All the allergy results were negative, and the only thing I conclude after the fact was that after 10 years on the pill my body just needed to go through a huge adjustment.

Hope this helps.  I am a mere one day late at 14 DPO, but more importantly my luteal phase is a day longer than usual, and that's quite rare for me.  With my son I tested positive at 11 DPO, but so far nothing for me this time.  We conceived in November the first month we tried, but I miscarried on day 14, the day after I tested positive.  The last two cycles now my body has just been getting back to normal.  My temperature was still high this morning.  If my temp stays high for 2 more days I'll be certain I'm pregnant, regardless of the HPTs.
My period is late by 5 days.  I am getting extremly nervous because I had unprotected sex.  I took a HPT today and it came out negative but Im still extremly nervous.  How long should I wait to take another HPT or go to the DR?
I am 25 years old and no children yet, have been off of the pill since july august of 08.  I am now 4 days late on period and my husband and i are trying for a baby.  I am usually on a 32 day cycle.  I took 3 test one today and 2 in the last 4 days, all negative. My husband says i feel open inside and wetter than usual.  I really don't have any symptoms of period or pregnancy, except my lower left side of back ached off and on for 4 or 5 days now. I wonder if it's possible that i am preg. but testing too soon. Has anyone out there been pregnant after testing 4-5 days after late period?
im new to this but i need some answers! i am now almost a month and a half late. I have had irregular periods before but only after coming off BC. I have had a few cravings for this i usually dont eat and im gaining wait. Ive taken several Hpts and they've came back negative. Im also having breast tenderness and fatigue! Can anyone help!?
I appreciate knowing that there are so many people in my same situation.  My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for five months.  I've always started my period on day 28.  So, I was so excited when I didn't get my period by day 29...but it was a negative pregnancy test.  Meanwhile, I had so much pressure, bloating and cramping, I just wanted to start already.  We went to the dr. on day 31 (and he pretty much made us feel stupid that we were there already to get tested) and it was another negative pregnancy test.  He suggested that sometimes it takes two missed periods before the test is positive?! Is that true?! I have never in my life missed a period...Never.  Anyway, I will keep everyone posted.  I've been reading this thread and wondering how it turned out for all of you...hope you are enjoying your babies and all these negative tests were WRONG (that is if you wanted to be pregnant). Hoping for a miracle....  
so ive been on bc for about 4 years now, no problems until i had to get off because my clinic wasnt open that day. so i was on my period for the normal time. (5 days) well when i was going to get back on it waiting for my period to come around again as it normaly does, it didnt, i wasnt to worried, because i know you can have irregular periods and when you stop taking somthing to tell your body when to start, it can mess you up quit a bit. well this waiting has turned into about 4 months. ive taken testes and they all say negitive, and this last week i thought i got my period, but it only lasted a day, ive read about poeple mistaking peroids for only spotting. i want to take a blood test but if i do that i might lose where im living with no job and no way to turn to anyone if i would to be pregnant . i dont know what to do. help
Hey all! I posted on here back in 2007 quite a few times.  I had very late periods, cramping, all that.  The faint lines I saw, were in fact a pregnancy, which I unfortunately lost.  i became pregnant again the following month and lost that one too.  I then saw a fertility specialist who confirmed I had hypothyroidism.  I took meds which ended up in a wonderful pregnancy and birth of my second child a year ago.  HOWEVER, I've since learned, hypothyroidism can be corrected without meds.  If anyone is interested, please PLEASE read a book called "What your doctor may not tell you about menopause" by John R. Lee, MD.  Whether you are in premenopause or menopause itself, READ THIS BOOK. It is a MUST READ for every woman out there.  I have nothing to gain by you reading this book.  I've slowly been correcting my hypothyroidism simply by adding things to, and changing areas of my diet.  Very cool.  Wish I'd have known about this back in 2007 when I was having troubles getting pregnant.  I wish for you all to receive the blessings you have been given,do your research!!!
Btw, this sounds very much like things in the book in my previous posting.  My periods were ALWAYS late.  I now take a wonderful, whole food supplement that corrected my periods along with a better diet.  And hypothyroidism causes your periods to be messed up.  I used to only get mine once every five months.  But like I said, I corrected it with my supplement and diet change.  A LOT for me has changed since reading that book and taking my supplements.   I KNOW it will do you good.  Good luck!
i have not started my period for a month and i dont take any kind of birth control or any thing i dont know what is wrong if anyone has gone throgh this please send me a message to trish.***@**** please i need to know something im so confused and down..please if anyone know anything contact me soon..thanks
Hey ladies.. Looks like we're all stuck in similar situations lol. So like u guys I'm a week late for my period, my breasts are noticably larger & tender to the touch, I'm having some nausea, cramps, headaches, abdominal pains tightness & bloating, extreme hunger, fatigue but also some sleeplesness through the night, I've been very moody, extremely happy one minute angry the next & crying over little things, I have constipation sometimes diarrhea others & constant need to pee.. Soo I really do think I am & pray I am.. Me & hubby have been trying for months now.. Anyone has any advice please let me know(: & I will definitely let all u ladies know what happens with me(: good luck to all of u(:
Hi all,

I had laporoscopy and D&C on 4th June 2010 for paraovarian cyst..after that got my first menses on 3rd JUly'10..we ttc in July-august..normally my cycle is 30-32 days and its been one week late..however 2HPT's and one blood test has been negative..today is 40th day and still no periods..doc askd me to wait for my cycle..looking at above ppl case i feel i should still be positive since many of u tested positv as late as 3 weeks late!!! wish me luck...
I know these posts are old and I'd love to hear what happened.  I'm 4 weeks late, period has been relatively normal, at least once a month. Fertility issues run in my family with my aunts and cousins, however my mom never had issues. I'm 28 and have been unprotected sex for the last 5 years(with my hubby).  We got married almost 2 years ago and have been trying.  Now I'm 4 weeks late with at least 6 negatives test. Very emotional but no symptoms.  Any hope I'm prego?!? Please advise,I owe my Doctor $ for ex-rays, can't go until I pay them, help!
Hi, I am 9 days late..I still have negative hpt..My hubby and I are ttc for the last 9 months...Could it be possible for me to be pregnant after a negative hpt with 9 days missed periods?actually after my last period until today I have not  my pms, which i think is good, cause before i knew that i'll be having my period because 7 to 10 days before having it i constantly have my pms very badly..Please help!!!
hi ladies!!! first time here :)

i am 20, my last period started Dec.17,2010 and was over by the 22.
my period are regular they may be off by up to 4days and i have cycles of 30days
have not yet gotten my period i took 3home test and they came out negative...
i have had some spotting from brownish to pinkish, my breast are tender like never before not even before i get my period. i mean tender by not being firm their a little soar and around my nipples the color has not gotten any darker...

i dont know whats going on!! this has never happend before...ive heard a lot about the story of a girl who had negative blood and pee test till after 15weeks pregnant she found out by an ultra sound.

HELP!!!
i appreciate it!
hello. same thing over here. I always get my period on the same date or a day after, but its normal for me. it has always been like that. now am 5 days late, have taken 2 tests and they're negative. i have been tryinq to get preg 7 months and nothing. I am a diabetic and got a tst done couple weeks ago and im perfecrly fine. I can have kids. the dr gold me the only thing was that wen I ovulate instead of releasing the necessary amount of eggs I was keeping more than I should. he said the only problm w.that is that weneer I get preg. its deff gonna be w.more than one bby at a time. I seriously dont mind. any suggestions tipz or comments??
Hai.. Iam 2 months late period i took 10 urine test all r negative .. Still is there any chance of getting pregnant? If not y i didnt get my periods ? My periods r usually regular..
Hi, I'm Nadia I'm 18 & I have not had a period in 3 months.. I took 6 tests all of which were negative. I've seen a doctor & they've done 2 & an US yet still are negative. Me & my fiancé have been trying to conceive. Am I pregnant? I have symptoms. Please help.