Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community
Maca?

If you've been trying to conceive (TTC) for less than one year, this patient support community is the place to discuss your hope, inspiration, joy and struggles, as you sprinkle Baby Dust during the Two Week Wait (TWW). If you’ve been trying to conceive for more than one year, please visit our Fertility/Infertility/IVF Community.

Maca?

Has anyone heard of maca and if it works? I was 2 weeks late on my period (normal for me) and as soon as I started taking the maca I got mine. I dont know if it really helps or not. I have been TTC for 5 years now and my sister for about 9 years. I cant afford invitro or any high dollar fertlilty treatment. All my sonograms and hormone test were normal. The docs dont know why I cant get pregnant.....
Hi there :) I am very interested in Maca myself. Btw, I am not trying to get pregnant by any means, I am only taking the supplement in the hopes of stabilizing my hormones. I found your post interesting because I started taking Maca about the first of April. I should have started my period on or about the 8th, but I never got it. So I am supposed to start my period in about 5 days, but still, I don't feel crampy and have no breast tenderness like usual and also am not experiencing any moodiness. I am usually so depressed and manic for a week before my period starts. I am having trouble finding information on the internet regarding the effects of Maca on your cycle. Aside from the problems with my cycle, I feel great!! I have a ton of energy and I am in such a great mood all the time now, so much so that I almost wonder if this is right ? I have always had trouble with mood swings and depression and for the first time in my life, I don't. I love it but am not used to it. I'd love to talk to someone else who is also taking Maca. Has it affected your mood at all?
you can probably go to a naturalist doctor and get some natural medicines to help with that