Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community
Old skool remedies for getting pregnant

If you've been trying to conceive (TTC) for less than one year, this patient support community is the place to discuss your hope, inspiration, joy and struggles, as you sprinkle Baby Dust during the Two Week Wait (TWW). If you’ve been trying to conceive for more than one year, please visit our Fertility/Infertility/IVF Community.

Old skool remedies for getting pregnant

What are your old skool remedies for getting pregnant?  A friend of mine said she put a pillow under butt to elevate sperm to where it needed to go...some say pre seed..some say geritol....some say baby asprin...SOOOOOOOOOO  What remedy are you trying right now?............I wanted to bring a little fun and smiles because for some its been a LONG road and maybe your remedy may work for someone else!!!!!!!!!!!!  And goodluck to all you trying ladies may the force of sperm meeting the egg be with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tags: remedy, Getting, old, pregnant, getting pregnant, Baby, friends, right, trying, sperm
I have tried the pillow under butt method everytime. I was so desperate i stood on my head 2 times after sex. My grandma made me promise her i would try it.Of all people, my grandma! I never laughed so hard in my life. I lasted about a full minute then thought i was gonna pass out.
I also heard Robitussin helps with cervical mucus so i googled it. Have a read, i found it SUPER interesting. Who would think cough syrup would be helpful!!

http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/robitussin.html

Yams are supposed to have the same effect as clomid on a womans body---so i have been eating yams like crazy. I was told not to confuse them with sweet potatoes, because most supermarkets will label sweet potatoes as yams when they really arent. Sweet potatoes dont have the same effect as yams. So i was told to look for them at a whole foods store then your more likely to get a true yam.
Alot of stuff in google on yams anf fertility also :)
I heard pineapple core is good for implantation, real grapefruit juice is also good for fertility.
Too many to list....lol, can u tell i am trying hard?? !!
Best of luck to all ---Jenn
Gurl you have been doing your home work huh lolol  I never heard of the Robitussin ..But its all worth the try lol  and LMAO ur grandma told you to stand on ur head ...go head grandma lol that was 2 cute and funny...I cant stay on my head that long.....lolol but heayyyy worth a try!!!!!!!!!! lollolo  It is so hard to just lay there when you are done, I feel dirty and like its gonna slide and leak everywhere lololool lol  I luvvvvvvvvvvvvv yams and pineapple so that is a +
Be careful with pineapple because I also read that it can contribute to miscarriage.  Google pineapple and miscarriage or pineapple in early pregnancy.  It takes a significant amount of it to create a problem, but still.  And I also read that canned pineapple is safe since it has been processed.  
Hi, I also have heard about that pineapple a is a big no-no during early preanancy. That was the first thing my mon reminded me when I got my BFP.
The month I got my BFP, I was Clomid but we BD d for a week on the week of ovulation and pillow under butt and I have to admit I stood on my ahead as well. But hey..Some thing worked.. that's all that matters!! lol!! I also read some where lying on your left side for about 15-30mins after is also good.
I have done the pillow thing..lol...but not too often. Depending how your cervix is, the pillow if elevated too high, can cause the cervix to tilt and the lil swimmers can totally miss the mark :)   Just keep that in mind and SSBD to everyone!!!
This is allllll greatttttttttt advice!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ima try it all...Flips, cartwheels, and all!!!!!!!!!!!!! loloolo
taking your basal body temperature, robitussin and using the pillow. You can also use an OPK. You have a 12 hour window of getting pregnant even though sperm can live for 3 days. Also I used the instead cup to keep the goods right up near my cervix nice and warm after the pillow. I got pregnant both times doing that.

WARNING do nto use baby asprin unless your dr tells you to casue if you do not need it it can cause mc or you not ba able to get pregnant!!!!! This is a fact as my good friend did this for a 5 months until her dr told her to stop. It took her body three months to get abck to normal and then she got pregnant.

Learning how your body works and who to check your cervix and cervical mucus assures that you are fertile. Look up fertillity friend .com and it has a course to taek and you can go on free instead of paying if you want after the free trial. I loved it!
I used 50mg clomid and the pillow under the hips for about 30 min after sex. Worked for me! I tried for 6 years before that. 2 months on clomid did it!
I have heard a lot bout clomid in talks with women over 35.....isn't that just if you are infertle though?  My dh and I have conceived twice in the last two years both unexpectedly....we never purposely tried to get pregnant but were so happy both times we did.....now we want to get pregnant again as soon as we can and my dh is catholic so it has to be the natural way......
I do not know anything about getting pregnant other than have sex.....how do you purposely get pregnant....what do you look for....timing and body changes.....
HELP!!!!!!