Pregnancy at 44 ?
I am a 44 yr old woman. I had a daughter when I was 41 years old.  At 43 I had two miscarriages. I'm still trying for a sibling for my daughter. I would like to hear from others who have had successful pregnancies (normal pregnancies, w/o donor eggs) at age 44 and above. Have you heard of any cases of women this age that used Clomid and were then successful?

Thanks,
Olivia
I AM 4WAS PREGNANT AT 43 IN APRIL BUT MC IN JUNE. HAVE BEEN TRYING SINCE WITH NO LUCK., JUST GOT MY PERIOD TODAY. HAVE TRIED FERTILAID FOR 1 MONTH USE PRESEED AND INSTEAD CUPS AM GOING TO OBY/GYN 2MORO TO ASK O GO ON CLOMID. GOOD LUCK TO US ALL.
hi, my mum is fourty five and is unexpecitdly pregnant, she really is in two minds. she hates the thought of abortions but just wants the baby to be healthy. im fifteen and her only child. of course i want a little baby brother/sister, i went for a scan with her a few days ago, and the midwife said all looks perfect and it just made me cry how beautiful it was. all i want is for my mum to be okay and the baby, could someone please give advice? love this page and great comments. thanks all! please send me an email if you would! thankyou so much. ***@****
I had my daughter in May 1997 and I was 46 a month later. My mum had my sister at 42, my Aunt had twin girls at 40, my great grandmother had a baby girl at 51 and another at 52. All conceived naturally.
Thank you all for sharing your experience and personal tribulations.  I feel like I'm not alone.   Baby dust to all!

-  I'm 44 TTC first time, DH 32
-  Been trying for 6 months now
-  Charted temps and OPK -- all shows I ovulate regularly between CD 11 and 14
-  Day3 FSH = 11.5
-  Day3 E2 Estradiol = 56
-  AMH = 0.12  ng/mL
-  A1C = 5.2
-  TSH = 1.4
-  AFC = 3  (1 on right side / 2 on left side)
-  Just stopped smoking
-  Been on prenatal vit for over 5 months now;  take religiously every night
-  Transvaginal ultrasound shows normal uterus
-  I have regular cycle all my life....except the month that I had my transvaginal ultraound.  That was the first month that I did not have my period.  I have never missed my period in my entire life.  This makes me wonder if doing an ultrasound had anything to do with it.  They say it's safe but it's a machine that radiate ultrasound so it's energy.  I would be very warry about doing anymore ultrasound unless I absolutely have to.

My RE did the usual speech about donor IVF, chromosome disorders, miscarriage, etc.   While he has a point, he clearly doesn't understand a woman's determination.  It's sad cuz most REs come from the same background fellowship training and they reverbalize what they hear and learn.  They simply don't question....what if?   How can they push the limit?  How can they take risk?  How can they be patient center?  Most RE are just working from a box.  And the infertility business is a cash cow....big incentive for the industry to push women torward donor IVF.  Most companies that offer IVF afraid to take on women who wants to IVF their own eggs if they are over age 43 because the company success rate is affected and that rate could be brought down.  They don't think about how they can help older women to have successful deliveries with their own eggs.

Anyways, it appears I have very little chance of conceiving according to my RE.  But I only need on golden egg so DH and I are going to keep trying.  As long as I'm still ovulating, there's always hope.  I'm hoping for a golden egg.

Good luck to all.  I think science and faith can work together to bring hope.  We just have to be realistic as well as hopeful!

Jenny

i'm very glad to hear and read this post more encourage all women over 40 yrs old like me. I got my first son when i was 38 yrs old and I got 2nd pg when i was 41 but unfortunatelly i got m/c on 20 weeks (suddenly no heartbeat, but dr said its normal nothing wrong with me). After that i was scare to get pg anymore. Now i'm 43 yrs old and my son 5 yrs old. Since last sep my son want a baby for his sibling, every night he pray for a baby girl. I felt so bad abt that because of my age. But today after i read your post, i feel confidience to get baby anymore. Thanks for encourage us, my faith is growing again n believe God give the best for us. Thank you again all of you, wonderful moms!
I don't know if this helps or encourages anyone, but thought I'd share. I'm 43, my husband of 9 years is 32 and we have  2 children, currently expecting a specifically planned against, third. I was on the pill, took it religiously and am now due 8/12.

I too looked at the odds as it didn't seem possible. While researching what to expect during this pregnancy, I came across this site.

For those of you looking for hope, don't give up. It is possible to conceive at this age without any help. I'm sure my situation isn't normal, but it is possible.
I had my first  pregnancy at age 31 (my records had a label on saying 'geriatric prima gravida') and miscarried my daughter at 22 weeks.  I went on to have a healthy boy at age 33 and another healthy boy at age 35.  I was divorced shortly after that.  

I remarried at 39 and tried for more children straight away.  I had 3 miscarriages before my third son was born when I was 42.  During that pregnancy, I was under pressure to have amnio testing from my doctor and hospital but I refused because the only reason they had me as 'high risk' was my age.  If I'd had the same test results 10 years earlier I wouldn't have been considered a risk.

Since then I haven't been using contraception but was breast feeding for 18 months and didn't start my periods again until after that.  Then last September, aged 47, I had an early miscarriage which was a bit of a surprise.  It was quite hard and just before Xmas I decided enough was enough - I packed up 7 sacks of clothes from newborn size to age 5 and gave them all to a neighbour.  

Heard of sod's law?  I went into hospital for tests because of a suspected kidney infection the other day - to be told I'm pregnant again.  Their test apparently works very early because I was only at day 24 of my cycle.

So now I'm wondering if I should knock on that neighbour's door and ask them to pass the clothes back as they finish using them!  Or wait and see if I miscarry again.  I'm thinking more the latter after reading threads on here and the 85% likelihood of miscarrying.....

But anyway - just to add to the list of people who've confirmed that it's perfectly possible to conceive naturally at age 47!

Also - to all those people miscarrying: I was told repeatedly that it was a good sign because it showed I was fertile and eventually I would carry to term.  My lovely five year old is the proof of that theory. .
I just joined this Forum and I have to say I am so happy I have found it!!!! ALL You woman give me sooo much Hope!!! I am 43 and my husband 44 and I have been trying to conceive for going on 4 years now!!!! We Really wanted to do it naturally but after no success we turned to a fertility specialist had lots of testing done everything came back great except my progesterone levels were very low so he put me on clomid~Did the clomid thing for 5 months no success : ( now our next move is injectibles and IUI which we will begin in February....PLEASE Everyone send your BABY DUST this way and of course Lots of Prayers for us!!! Thank You And GOD Bless You ALL <3
Hi, Im 45 and had a m/c at 11 weeks on 6th September 2011.  I am now 2 weeks late for my period and have had negative pregnancy tests.  Worried as to why my period does no arrive.  Have some ignorant people telling me it might be change of life which I have no symtoms of.  I would just love another baby, my hubby and I have been married since 18 May 2011 and I have a beautiful daughter aged 20.
Any answers or suggestions will be appreciated.

Tracey (TTC) xx

Tracey (TTC) xx
I know the post I am am reading is older but I am 43 and was 14 weeks pregnant.  Found out our son had trisomay 18 and then I began to bleed and cramp.  I really want another baby but I am so afraid to even try.  I just wondered if you ever had another child affter termination and were you not so afraid of the same result?
Hi! I am new to the group, and feel so blessed to have discovered this blog...

I am 43 and TTC. In August I had surgery to remove endometriosis and was told to try for a few months naturally, as all my hormone levels were  good. We have tried everything!!! Diet, Chinese herbs, no alcohol, diary, wheat....less caffeine, sugar...prenatals, coq10..... No pregnancy yet. We have enough money saved to start IVF, and my bloodworm from my last cycle showed a hug jump in my FSH from a 9 to a 16.9 and my AMH is very low as well. I am devastated and we were curtly told we must use donor eggs.
We are getting second opinions this month and any advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea how my numbers changed so much in a few months. The stress of this, as well as finding out my father has cancer has about sent me over the edge. My husband, 53, is my rock and believes somehow we will beat the odds.

Thank you for all the positive and encouraging stories....they re quite hard to find!

Hi, I had the opposite happen to me.  I was pregnant at 37 with my 1st child, I lost my very much longed for son at 29wks, he was perfect but my placenta failed.. 8mths later I was pregnant with my daughter and at 11wks a problem was found,Drs suspected Down's syndrome. I wanted to die, I couldn't believe life could be so cruel, I was grieving for both my babies and it was incredibly hard. Let me tell all of you ladies, if you're worried about your baby having DS then let me reassure you. My daughter is now nearly 4 and she has Down's, she also has a fantastic life. my son would have been 5 on the 9th march and I believe she was a gift from him. I'm 42 and trying for another baby.. I'm very lucky to have my little girl, and I'm well aware of the risks, I also find it scary but for me it's a risk I'm willing to try or I'll regret it  
Hello
I think you should keep the little blessing.  I had my only child at 36 and it was a shock to find out he had DS when he was born.  His father and I split at the same time.  I have been waiting 6 years to have another one b/c my life did not work out and I just got remarried.   I am now almost 43 and trying to have another child that I so desperately want.  I had a miscarraige in November and having one now.  I will keep trying.....but just so you know I love my child more than I thought possible ....he has taught me way more than I will ever teach him. Xoxo
Hi im 43 n have a new partner n i want to have another bby b4 i'm not able too  i Just Had my ParGard removed monday n my Ob/Gyn said to be careful because i could get pregnant right away
Hi, I'm 42 and have a boy 6 years old, if I didn't have it on my mine from my young days to have 2 childs at least, I wouldn't in this discourage situation now; when I met my 2nd husband (actually) he saids he also want a second child (he have a girl 12 years old) now he refuse to have sex the days I most fertile, or maybe just my bad luck he not "available" on these days, I very discourage with him and this situation, I cry every single month my menses appear, he not comfort me nor give me courage, I make one month on Clomid and dont know if I should make another month, I feel so bad about it; I have bad self esteem problems, he (my husband) pay his friends more mine than what he gave to me.........
I am now 44 y/o.  I had decided by age 30 that I was done having children.  I had three wonderful boys & a great husband and got my tubes tied.  Biggest regret of my life.  Needless to say, my marriage ended and after 6 yrs of being divorced, I found a beautiful man to be my husband.  Although, there is a 20 yrs younger than me, we have decided that we want a child.  So here I was thinking that my chances of ever giving my husband the ultimate gift was gone, it truly is not.  There is hope for us at any age GOD willing.  Hopefully within the next year or so, we will be able to accomplish this task.  I so look forward to being pregnant again.  Thank you ladies you all are truly an inspiration in a time of need.
I am so glad I found this community....I am 44 and pg with my 3rd, due in January 2013.  I have a 26 yr old & 17 yr old sons, a 3 yr old grandaughter and a 2 yr old grandson.  I re-married 3 yrs ago and we have had 2 mc's in the past 2 years getting pg naturally.  This time we used a fertility treatment and got pg during the 3rd week.  I feel so grateful and blessed to have come across this community.  Good luck and best wishes to everyone and don't give up....I don't believe all of the experts out there who say that we (women over 40) have only a 10% down to 3% chance of getting pregnant.  If it is meant to be, it will happen even if we have to "push" mother nature along.
Hi, I'm 43 yrs old and 12 weeks pregnant with my 7th child. my children ages are 24,21,19,18,and 14yr twins. I am not worried about my baby because of my age. God doesn't make mistakes or gives us more than we can bare! Best wishes to all who are over 40 and pregnant!
Hello all, firstly what an amazing forum, all of you women are brave and courageous.  I have 3 beautiful children, and like many of you, remarried and was wanting another child with my husband whom did not have any children.  Last year we conceived and sadly lost on Mothers Day, needless to say it was a sad and painful.  I was 42.  I tried DHEA, and damn near lost my head on that, it was not for me, hormonal train wreck, not to mention the side effects it had on my throat!!!

Anyhow now being 43 and a birthday weeks away, my husband is 46, we truly had not been thinking  about trying again.  I conceived naturally and I am 5 weeks pregnant, with all the symptoms to go with it.  I am scared, but trying to be positive.  I guess I just wanted to share my story with you and encourage you all, I am not sure what the future holds, taken the pregnancy one day at a time, one week at a time and with the grace of god will have a healthy child in March.

All the best....and be good to yourselves first.
i am in the same situation.  can you tell me what fertility treatment you received.  thanks
i am in the same situation as you.  can you tell me what fertility treatment you received.  thanks
Hi Emma,
i know its been years since this post.  But how did your pregnancy go?  Im 43 and my husband is 50 and would like to try to have a child.  Getting tested.  Any answer would be appreciated, Carm
My I ask you, Do you get an ultrasound to confirm that there is no heartbeat? I have heart stories where there was a heartbeat, next visit no heartbeat then sent to hospital to find a heartbeat. This just really makes me wonder
congrats,but me i am 43 yrs old and we closed it to dreaming for having a baby,i am desperate b4 to have a baby but i felt so depressed evrrytime  i saw preggy in the street or to our party gatherings,freinds having pregnant, we prayed a lot and we do evrything to spent money to go IVF but the doctor said only egg donnor is our second choice but we finalized to dreaming on and  to accept it and feeling hopeless and worthless,we cried a lot but we pray a lot to cope of this situation,,,I have so many questions to God but what can i do,he is a controller of our life,,,,but now i am suffering of depression but i need to fight for this, thats why i am here reading all testimonial regarding about 40+ preggy.congratulation again and takecare
Not sure if too much time has passed since you posted this. I am now 44 and seriously considering downer eggs.I've had two IUIs. I was made a window in my mid 30s but married again at age 42. I am just afraid of my thinking and if I will always be thinking, this is not my biological child or will I just start thinking automatically the baby is mine. I have no children and am so desperate for one.
Can I ask, how they determine the risk factors?  Is there a certain test they do while you're pregnant or do they test the parents before?

I am considering chlomid-I am 44 and got pregnant first try when I was 41 on it, but we never did any kind of testing.  I am just curious because my doctor said there were DNA tests they could do to determine the risk of chromosonal defect.
I read your post and I myself just miscarried a week ago. I was 12 weeks and I just turned 44 want to try again so I would love to have your email address on this journey.
I am 42, and like you, I had been told by at least 4 doctors that only donor eggs. It could not accept that, as I had still had my periods and notice fertile mucus every month on my period. Just when I thought I would give up, one night I was surfing the web and found one very good doctor in Guadalajara Mexico, who works with women of our age, but his protocol is ONE GOOD EGG. I made arrangements to met with him to discuss treatment. This December 2012, I traveled to Guadalajara where he retrieved one healthy egg. I produced 2 eggs with minimal medication, but only one egg retrieved due to my left ovary, was hard to reach. I am so sorry it has not happen to you, but don't give up.  Please check his site nhfc.mx
ah! The doctor said, the oldest women he had help to conceive with her own eggs was 47. He works with your age and your own eggs.
Im. Just 44 i have had four c sections and just found out im pregnant three week with new partner im so scared any one got any advice x
I had a baby by emergency c section at 25 he was autistic .
I had another child at thirty by c- section at 30
No problems.
Then a girl at thirty four c-section no problems but after six weeks of birth i had a ruptured wall like a large hernia so had to have it resown six months later wich was awful experience.
Then i got caught at 38 had fourth c-section no problems no hassle straight forward . Since then ive been active and healthy other than heartburn . Now im in a new relationship and have got caught at 44 and scared to death id just started the gym two months ago and was getting fit now im scared to death what to do my boyfriends over the moon im scared for my other kids they need a healthy mom to take care of them x
No problems.
No problems.
It is great to read all the comments. I just turned 43 this last June, and got married to my second husband a year and a half ago. He is now talking about wanting a child. I have a 20 year old and a 18 year old already. He has never had his own, and has been raising mine with me for 9 years. I am at a crossroads!!! Not sure what the right thing is... My girls are so busy with their own lives it feels a little"empty nested" and I am not doing well with this feeling.. I am healthy and fit.. Any thoughts or similar circumstances out there?
I am turning 44 tomorrow and I have been trying for a year to get pregnant..no luck!  I have three healthy children...ages 21,19 and 15.  I lost a child in 2007 due to complications with Strep B.  I was 20 weeks pregnant.  My husband and I would love to have another child!  Reading these comments from everyone gives me hope.  I am just going to keep trying naturally.  My doctor told me 2007 that I was getting older and if I wanted another child to not wait too long.  I, for some reason, did not realize what she meant until now!  ;0(  However, I was really scared to try again due to the baby's death (she lived six hours).  I am now not trying as hard but just letting my luck play out.  I have regular periods...every 28 days...like clock work.  Wish us luck!
Hi MelzieWelzie,

I'm not sure if you still follow this message board, but I'm very interested to know how things turned out for you. I'm 43 now, and desperately trying for #3. I've had 8 miscarriages, so i'm more than just a little scared. I have two amazing and perfect daughters, so I believe it's possible to have one more. However, I've had 6 miscarriages since my youngest daughter was born. I'm wondering if there's any hope for me.

Thank you,
Cindi
I did take Clomid at 42. While more follicles did mature, my uterine lining thinned due to Clomid, so I wasn't able to use the cycle.

Hi, I'm 44 years old, 45 in August.  Already have one child who is now 18 years old.  Remarried a few years ago at age 40 but have only just been ttc since November 2013.  No luck so far, ovulate naturally every month, regular 28 day cycle, had hsg test, everything was fine.  Doctor recommending a cycle of clomid, wondering whether it is worth it or just keep on trying naturally.
I turned 43 a few weeks ago. I remarried last year, he has no children and really wants one, so we started trying right away. I'm now going through my 3rd miscarriage in a year! First last July, baby stopped growing at 9 weeks, second in Nov., baby stopped growing at 6.5 weeks, this one is a blighted ovum, just discovered at 7 weeks. .....  I feel devastated and don't know whether to keep trying or not. I have no trouble getting pregnant, but I don't know if there's really hope. I wonder how many times I can go through this. Is there any hope or will I just keep miscarrying????
i m Jennifer Rick,i want to share my testimony to all the people in this website about the great work of Prophet Azuba,for over 3years after my marriage me and my husband where looking for a baby before i meet great Prophet Azuba  who helped me to cast a spell of pregnancy for me to get pregnant and now i am having my 1year baby today,if you need that kind of help kindly contact him via email:***@****
the only advice i can give to you is for you to contact Prophet azuba is an herbalist doctor and he can help you out via email:***@****
I tried DHEA for many months, don't remember exactly how many, I was 42 and it did not work for me. I am almost 45 and we have been TTC for 5 years. We tried 4 IVF's, 1 IUI (years ago 2 cycles of clomid with 1st husband).  The longest I have been pregnant is 12 wks.  Have had many MC's by  or 7 wks.  Thanks for the positive posts everyone (though mine may be, it is not yet, lol!) Hoping for better luck this cycle.
You are very inspiring! I am too scared to get pregnant again after surviving breast cancer. I had m/c in May this year at 44 and My husband wanted to have another child and I do too. My daughter is 6 and I know how she wanted to become a big sister.
Please don't feel embarrassed!! I would be so ecstatic to be pregnant again!! I am 44 yrs and had a miscarriage 1.5 yrs ago and we have been trying !! What  a blessing!! Please don't worry about your age!!! THe baby will make you "young" for a long time!! Please no abortion!