Aa
A
A
Close
594290 tn?1220054158
Trying to conceive after cytotec
Could you please share how long you waited to conceive after cytotec?  How long did you bleed after cytotec and how long before you resumed cycles?  How long did your HCG(pregnancy hormone) levels stay high?  I am one week post cytotec and am still bleeding a fair amount.  I am anxious to try again.  

Thank you
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
377493 tn?1356505749
I had cycotec twice...and bled heavily both times.  The first time I used it as an alterntive to a D&C and wound up having one anyway.  The second time it was given to me in the hospital to help dialate me just prior to a scheduled D&C.  If you are still bleeding heavily a week after, you may want to give your Dr. a call and let him know.  I am not trying to frighten you, I am sure all is well, but it never hurts to be safe. If you are bleeding more then a pad an hour, you need to get immediate medical attention.

That being said, it seems every Dr. has a different opinion about when its ok to try again.  My OB said one normal cycle was fine, I have heard others saying to wait 2 or 3 cycles.  As for the HCG level drop, again every woman is a bit different.  I had a normal cycle about 5 weeks later.  I am so very sorry for your loss, and I wish you well.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
594290 tn?1220054158
Thank you for sharing.  I am definitely not bleeding more than a pad per hour, so I think all is normal.  How long did it take for you to get pregnant again?  Again, I appreciate your support.  I am so sorry, as well, for your losses.  This will be our 3rd loss.  I do, however, have 2 children.  I wish you the very best.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
377493 tn?1356505749
I am glad you are not bleeding like that, and I apologize if my comment was frightening.  After the first time, I got pregnant next cycle, the second time after 1 full cycle, third time 1 cycle, and 4th on 2nd cycle.  I am apparantly part bunny rabbit or something The first and third were losses at 10 weeks and 8 weeks, the second and last one were chemical pregnancies.  Not giving up though.  I wish you all the best as well.  Have they done any testing yet?  Amanda
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
594290 tn?1220054158
We have not been tested yet because I have 2 children.  What about you?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
377493 tn?1356505749
I have had some basic bloodwork (not even entirely sure what they tested for), ultrasound tests and a complete head to toe physical (liver function, lungs, heart, the usual stuff).  So far nothing has jumped out as abnormal. I hope you are doing ok, I know how difficult a time this is, and you probably just want it to be "over".  Please pm me if you need someone to talk to.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community Resources