Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community
What does BFP mean? Who is over 30?

If you've been trying to conceive (TTC) for less than one year, this patient support community is the place to discuss your hope, inspiration, joy and struggles, as you sprinkle Baby Dust during the Two Week Wait (TWW). If you’ve been trying to conceive for more than one year, please visit our Fertility/Infertility/IVF Community.

What does BFP mean? Who is over 30?

Hey ladies.  I'm 31 and just started trying for baby (I tried for 2 months last year with no sucess then put it off until now so I could finish my degree)....I know I waited a long time but I'm ready now. I made a vision board and I have a feeling I will get pregnant this month of August. The 2 weeks waiting to find out if you are pregnant are soooo long!  Anyway I know when my fertile days are and we are 'doing it' every second day for 10 days to be sure, but it feels like we are doing a chore almost you know?  Like we HAVE to have sex tonight honey....it's so unromantic I'm finding!  Anyway what does BFP mean?
Big Fat Positive its a positive pregnancy test :)
i'm 31 and in my 37.5 wks pregnant.  i was blessed to get pregnant on my 3rd cycle trying and i attribute some of my sucess to the book "taking charge of your fertility."  it teaches you everything you need to know about trying to conceive and learning how to chart your cycle.  i got off the pill and started reading this book/charting my cycle about 2 or 3 months before i was actually "trying" which was helpful because i got to know my cycle better.  the best advice i can give you is to learn your cycle and understand that not everyone is the perfect 28 day cycle...all women are different!  we would have sex every other day around a week before i was most fertile and every day the couple days before, day of and day afer i ovulated.  i had my husband taking extra vitamin c to bulk up his sperm count and started taking my prenatal vitamins right away.  

let me know if you have any other questions!  i did loads of research and became quite obsessed with the ins and outs of trying to conceive (ttc) :-)
Haha thanks!  Yes I have also become familiar with my cycle.  I can't chart my temperature because my schedule has me waking at very different times throughout the week.  I know my cycle is always between 31 and 34 days and that you don't ovulate 14 days after day 1 but 14 days BEFORE your next period begins....so anyway during my fertile days and a week before and a couple days after we had sex every second day (I just wasn't into it every day, plus every second day is good to build up sperm).  You know I feel like I have some very early signs of pregnancy but I'm pretty sure it's just in my head!!!  Because my period isn't due for another 4 days.  Thanks for your reply!
yea, have sex the entire week you suspect ovulation and maybe use ovulation prediction kits to really narrow it down.  anywhere from 10-14 days before your period you should ovulate.  i always ovulated 12 days before.

it's not too early to have signs.  my first signs came about 7 days before my period was due...that's around the time when implantation occurs.  

good luck to you!  let me know what happens!!!  
Hi, Krissyy

Im trying to concieve (conceive) so badly last week on Saturday was my first day of ovualtion. we started intercourse on Friday a day before my day of ovuation, and we did it again on Saturday and we jumped sunday and we did on monday. I believe ovulation takes 4-5 days if im right, the sperm can also last for 3-5 days if its healthy so tell me did we do it right or we should do it for all ovulation period? please help im so desperate to concieve (conceive) and please tell the meaning of BPF?
Good luck! Hope it all works out. BFP means Big Fat Positive on your pregnancy test. Hope everyone gets one who's waiting for it!