Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community
donating plasma?

If you've been trying to conceive (TTC) for less than one year, this patient support community is the place to discuss your hope, inspiration, joy and struggles, as you sprinkle Baby Dust during the Two Week Wait (TWW). If you’ve been trying to conceive for more than one year, please visit our Fertility/Infertility/IVF Community.

donating plasma?

Im trying to conceive abd im a stay at home mom. I like to get a little extra money by donating plasma. I know its bad while pregnant but before im pregnant wont hurt my chances of falling pregnant right?
Avatar dr f tn
There are few guidelines which must be followed before becoming a donor. Blood of the donor is tested for proper iron and protein levels before a person can donate. Few common side effects with plasma donation are bruising or infection around the puncture site where the needle was inserted, allergic reactions etc.Another extremely rare complication is hemoglobin in the urine and frequent plasma transfusions can cause low plasma levels. It is suggested to consult a healthcare provider before planning to donate plasma. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!
When you get pregnant, the placenta (the sack that holds the baby) is made of plazma. In other words if you're missing part of the equation it may not work. However some people have more plazma than others, hense a stronger immune system. It all depends on your body.