Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community
getting pregnant with a prolapsed uterus?

If you've been trying to conceive (TTC) for less than one year, this patient support community is the place to discuss your hope, inspiration, joy and struggles, as you sprinkle Baby Dust during the Two Week Wait (TWW). If you’ve been trying to conceive for more than one year, please visit our Fertility/Infertility/IVF Community.

HI.  This is the first time i have posted here.  First i want to say congratulations to all of you that are expecting.  I have a question that I know that will probably be difficult for anyone to answer but i am hoping someone has had experience with this and can tell me what they did.  I am 19 years old and have been diagnosed with a stage 3 prolapsed uterus and my bladder is now prolapsing as well.  This is highly unusual for someone my age but nevertheless it happened to me anyway.  I am now faced with decisions of how i want to treat it.  I can't live with the pain anymore.  I have to choose between a pessary and surgery.  They are having a difficult time finding a surgeon who has done the procedure.  If I have the surgery I will have a normal uterus position again and should not have problems with conception.  But there are always risks with surgery.  If i dont' have the surgery and choose the pessary i was told that trying to concieve (conceive) will be very painful.  I want a child more than anything in this world and I know that there is always adoption but like any woman i have dreamt of being pregnant since i was little.  I was just wondering if anybody has experienced this in any way and if you were able to get pregnant.  I want to make sure that i make the right decision. My doctor is very helpful but it is always nice to hear from someone who has been through the same thing.  I thank you all in advance for any help you can give me.
Sometimes, a woman’s uterus may be tilted forwards or backwards within the pelvic cavity, rather than being prolapsed. This condition is known as “tipped uterus” and occurs for similar reasons as uterine prolapse – the uterine support ligaments are not as taut as they should be. Often, a tipped uterus occurs before a woman has had any children.

Having a tipped uterus is not usually associated with infertility and does not usually threaten an otherwise viable pregnancy. Investigating whether or not the uterus is tipped forwards or backwards is usually only considered after all other causes of female infertility have been ruled out. In rare instances only, your doctor may recommend repositioning of your uterus to enhance your chances of falling pregnant.

If your uterus is tipped and you fall pregnant, there is usually little risk to the developing baby. As your baby grows, the uterus tends to reposition itself. For most women, the uterus has righted itself by the tenth or twelfth week of pregnancy right. In exceptionally rare cases, the uterus does not move into the upright position and a miscarriage may occur. If you miscarry for this reason, your doctor may discuss with you the option of surgically correcting the position of the uterus before you try to conceive again.
I tried for 7 months to get pregnant with my prolapsed uterus but have not had sucsess  and + am only 26 dont know if it's my prolaspsed uterus or something else I heard you can'd get pregnant with this diagnosis
I have had prolapse uterus since I was 18 when I had my daughter. The Doctors said it would correct itself but it never did, I am now 38 years old and it is a stage 3/4 which means the next step is surgery to remove or shorten my uterus. I have gotten pregnant with the help of the medicines Clomid and Provera, my son is now 4 going on 5. My husband and I did everything from different positions and laying on my back with my legs up now we are going to try this one more time so I can have one more child before surgery.