Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Heart beating really fast , is that normal? Im 8 wks..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Hello All
Since yesterday i have been having the weirdest heart beats. Im almost 8wks pregnant and since yesterday my heart has been beating really fast at times and it stops but then starts again... I'm worried but also search that its normal,but i wanted to know has anyone experience this during their previous pregnancy(s). please let me know or i will ring the OB if it continues in the morning. Thank you all and goodluck all
Its normal most of the time because the heart pumps more blood when you are pg. so it has to work harder.  But if you are worried call your ob just to put your mind at ease.
yes it is normal but if its not for you than you should go to the doctor or call. I was on heart medication to slow my heart rate down and still am! Congrats Girl.... I am also TTC!!!
It "might" be normal however, sometimes pregnancy can either cause or exacerbate heart conditions (sometimes preexisting conditions occur without a person knowing).   How fast did it go?  Next time this happens you need to measure it.
I agree with Spade..and take it from a person with a chronic racing heartbeat (always over 100bpm)...the best way to measure is to take your pointer and middle finger and find your pulse in your wrist or neck...wait until you can feel the beat regularly...and (watching a clock with a second-hand) measure how many beats occur in 15 seconds...then multiply that by 4. or you can measure how many beats occur in 30 seconds and multiply that by 2.

that way when you call your OB you can give them an idea of how fast your heart was going when they ask.

good luck..please be seen if this continues just to be on the safe side.
Have you had your thyroid tested?  Sometimes this could be a sign of hyperthyroid.  I actually had the same feelings and they found that my thyroid levels were low which can cause the change in heart rhythms.....they call it a heart palpitation.  Maybe ask your Dr. about checking your thyroid.  It is better for your thyroid # to be low rather than high during pregnancy but you do want it to be regulated.....if that is it.  Hope you feel better soon.  I know that feeling is alarming!!  {{hugs}}