Pregnancy 18-24 Community
1 day late, pregnancy symptoms, light cramping & bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I am only 1 day late but my husband & I have had unprotected sex this month and I have been having some pregnancy symptoms.  I have had feelings in my lower abdomen that are similar to cramps but just very light & in slightly different areas and my breasts have become sensitive.  I have had all negative tests but I may have taken them too early (last one this morning).  My biggest concern is that last night I was slightly bleeding after sex, which never happens, and then it completely went away and not a single spot since... I've hears of implantation bleeding, but is that affected or initiated by intercourse?  I just don't know because of all the negative tests.  Can anyone help me?
The only bad thing about pregnancy symptoms (besides that they S U C K), is that they're exactly the same as period symptoms, so ONLY being a day late, it's hard to tell. You can test as early as 14 days after unprotected sex and get a positive with a first response, so you're not testing too soon at all, and if you were pregnant, you should be getting a positive by now. Implantation bleeding usually occurs around 12 days after your ovulation date, which is very close to the start of your period, so it could have been implantation bleeding, or it could have been the start of your period. I would wait a few more days and if there's still no period, test again with first morning urine, and if it's still negative and you haven't started your period, make an appt. with your OB/GYN and ask for a blood test, and ask why your period hasn't come yet. Good luck!
Pregnancy symptoms mean nothing in the absence of a positive HPT.  Retest again in a week - you should have  definite answer then.
I've also been incredibly tired... but yes I am very eager to retest ASAP!
I started... so I don't know if the egg never fertilized or if the embryo just didn't attach to the uterine wall, anyway I will keep trying!
hi hope sum1 can help.....iv been tryin 4 a baby for 4 months, on sat ur day i went 2 toilet an wen i cleaned myself ther was a stain of blood i havnt had it since ,it was due yesterday .........

emma xxo