Pregnancy 18-24 Community
14 days passed missed period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

14 days passed missed period

I found out on Jan. 1st, 2010 by a home pregnancy that I was pregnant, Me and my husband was using anything to prevent it but didn't want to get our hope up either. On Jan. 20th, 2010 I went to the ER with some bleeding and cramps they told me my body was trying to m/c but hadn't yet. I came home that evening and was in alot of pain and passed some blood clots. On Jan. 21st, 2010 later in the night is when I actually m/c what would have been my 1st child. I was so depressed because I had grew to really want it, I was getting so excited. In April I found out I had a underactive Thyroid which could have caused my m/c. My last period started on may 10th, 2010 and I was due for a another June 10th which now makes me 14 days late. At 8 days late I had a pee test by the doctor which was NEG. & a blood test which came back showing my hcg level as 1 which they consider NEG. I really really want to be pregnant. Could I be really early?????
A lot of things are going on in your body:  recovering from a MC, low thyroid, and not sure when you ovulate.  Menstrual cycles do not always go back to the rhythm they were B4 a MC.  It could be really early if you ovulated late in your cycle.  HCG of 1 is very low...the lowest actually.  If you are trying to get pregnant, I suggest you begin taking your BBT each and every morning to get an idea of your cycles, and you can see when you are ovulating, etc.  It takes some guesswork out of what your body is doing.  Best of luck :)
I am so sorry for what you have gone through. I am actually at the tail end of my m/c and its just awful. Anyways no I really don't think you could be pregnant and I am so sorry to say that but I want to be honest. A blood test at the doctors can tell as soon as the egg has implanted. An egg will implant 7-10 day after ovulation. Bascially a blood test can tell about a week before your period is even due if you are pregnant.

I was thinking maybe you could talk to your doctor about the thyroid issue and see if there is anything you can do. See if that is keeping you from getting pregnant and if it isn't then what can you take after you get pregnant to ensure you won't m/c. Well I hope I helped and again I am very sorry...
First I want to thank you both for your comments, its great to know.

M/C are awful and I wouldn't wish them upon any1, I was about 4 or 5 weeks along when mine happened and I was so depressed. I couldn't imagine if I was further along or if I knew longer. Anyway the underactive thyroid is what caused my m/c and I have been taking Synthroid for about 3 months now and my period started about 1 month after I started taking it. I had blood work done on it again and it came within normal limits so my thyroid is looking good again.  My thyroid being back up to plate means everything with my periods and such should be back up again. And I should still be able to get pregnant unless there is something wrong with me elsewhere. I am now 21 days late and haven't took another PG test yet, and not sure when I will. If i dont start soon I will be calling the doctor. Thanks again for the comments.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Spreading Baby Dust to all who want it*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*