Pregnancy 18-24 Community
15 faint possitive home tests but a negative urine test from the doctor...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

15 faint possitive home tests but a negative urine test from the doctor?

hi im 22 and so confused! i had the depo shot on 14may and stupidly had unprotected sex the same day! my period was due around 1st week of june but instead about a week early i had brown spotting for a few days then stopped but before during and after the spotting i was getting possitive tests although faint(also had negative tests too not in any particular order tho) then two weeks after the spotting it started again and lasted for 8 days still with positive and negative results(im very skint now with all these tests)anyway have been to the docs and because of the depo she wouldnt do a blood or urine test and so booked me in for an at the EPAU for an internal scan on 1st july but the urine test they did was negative so refused to do the scan.went back to my doctors the same day and they still will not do a blood test or anything that will tell me if im pregnant or not! iv also been told the depo can cause negative results while also told by a different doc it can cause positive results?? either way thats now 15 faint positive although clearly positive and twice as many negatives,.no period and feeling so tired and emotional all the time but dont know if thats from the depo or pregnancy! can anyone please help me make sence of all this? am i pregnant or not?
I would find a different Doctor who WILL do a blood test.
i would see if you had a pregnancy resource center in your area and set up an appt for there. they will give you a free ultra sound so forget the bloodtests
What type of test did you use? The blue dye test are notorious for false +. I had four that said I was pregnant and then the blood test were neg. I would use a First Response Early Result test with first morning urine and if it comes back neg. I would trust it. I hope this is helpful.
Brandy
i used predictor pregnancy test which i had the positives from it apparantly pics up levels from 12.5,.i had negatives from first response and clear blue.but whats confusing is two doctors telling me two different things,the 1st one said the depo will cancel out a positive result hence why only getting faint lines with predictor and negative with the rest(also had some negative with predictor tho) and the 2nd doc said the deppo will cause fake positives not fake negative.all tests were bought from various shops so cant be a dodgy batch can it? i was also told by a midwife that a fake negative is very rare and a fake positive very common! but iv always been told the complete opposit even the pregnancy tests say fake negatives are common but not a positive? i feel like im being fobbed off for some reason! im going to find out if there is a pregnancy resource center in my area and try and get an appointment with a different doc tomorow,.thank you so far iv had more sence from you 3 than the docs!
I got pregnant with my younger son while on Depo...2 weeks after my shot. Depo is effective immediately once it enters your bloodstream, at least thats what I was told. Then again I was given that information through the Army..and well I will keep my comments about them to myself.

Depo does cause irregular bleeding and spotting. I was on it for about 3 years, and had some spotting and bleeding after every shot...especially if the shot was around my AF time. Some women have bled and or spotted for 6 months straight while on depo, and some women do not have any bleeding of any kind once it's started.

It is very possible however to get pregnant on depo, which is why other methods of birth control are needed if your not wanting a pregnancy. With all this said, I agree with the above poster, you should find a new doctor. In fact you can go to the ER and have the HCG blood test done there, they may even do an internal scan..just go in and make some complaint of cramping on a certain side of your abdomen lol. Or you can even go to a Family Planning center near you, and tell them what's going on, i'm sure they would be happy to test you or scan you for little to no cost.

But I agree in finding a new doctor, as it is very very possible to get pregnant on the depo shot, i'm not the only woman in the world who this has happened to, so it is possible. BTW my son is a healthy happy 2 year old, with no known side effects from being conceived on birth control.
bc such as depo has unpleasant side effects including delayed fertility.So if u r planning on having kids please opt for a non-hormonal bc.
hope u get to know if u r pregnant or not soon.
One possibility is that it was a chemical pregnancy and that's why the positives are so faint and some tests are negative. If this is the case you should stop getting positives pretty soon so try testing again in a week if you can't get a blood test before then.
I've always been told depo is effective within 24 hours. I've never heard of any BC that can cause a false positive because they don't carrry the hcg hormone needed to make a positive. False positives are rare. You're more likely to get a false negative because a lot of people test too soon, or just don't show. Like the others said. There are a lot of clinics around that can do blood work or scans if you go to them. A hospital should be able to as well, but would be more expensive.
Depo is very wierd, itcan take your body months to adjust to it. I started the depo at 16-17 yrs old and it made my period come a month late and absolutely horrible that first month, and then later on when they had started to regulate all of a sudden I didnt get one at all for over a year! I agree with finding a local pregnancy clinic or atleast another doctor. The clinics should do a free urine test and if you really insist alot of times they will do an ultrasound and if you've been having faint results for as long as you've said then an ultrasound will atleast show something.
if its a chemical pregnancy how long will the hcg levels stay in my system? i wuld b around 7-8weeks now.and i had a small amount of spotting at 5-6weeks.my last positive was last tuesday i havnt tested since as im kinda skint! iv got an app wiv a diff doc tomoz so will be demanding a blood test!
had blood taken today will get the results tomorow,.very nervouse about the resut not sure what i want it to be!
Any positive is a pos result no matter how faint or strong it is!
Are you doing your tests with First morning Urine??
Go back to EPAU and say you have SERIOUS one sided lower abdominal pain and heavy bleeding and you're pregnant... and they should scan you.

x
so i rang for my blood results today,the receptionist told me the results were normal.so i asked normal for what a pregnant or non pregnant woman? she said she didnt know but would ask a midwife to ring me back to explain.so 10mins later the receptionist rang back and said the midwife had advised i go back in to discuss the results with my doctor that it wasnt urgent but did need discussing and not over the phone,and when asked can she just tell me if im pregnant or not she said no thats what you need to talk to youre doctor about! so what the hell does that mean and why wont they just tell me over the phone if my levels are borderline or not!? the doctor told me they would tell me by phone so why havnt they! iv now got to wait untill tomorow and its already driving me crazy!