Pregnancy 18-24 Community
2 miscarriages in 5 months, any advice or anyone else had this?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Hi Ladies,

within the past 5 months i have had 2 miscarriages, one in which the baby developed but stopped after 8 weeks and the next in which nothing but a gestational sack developed.  I am wondering if anyone else has had something like this happen?  My doctor is going to start running the recurrent pregnancy lose bloodwork on me next week as long as my beta hcg levels taken today are back down to zero.  I am only 25 and i am starting to feel helpless, especially since i just found out my 40 year old aunt who dates a 23 year old is 3 months pregnant.  I am just really having a hard time and would appreciate any advice or help that you can all offer me.

Thanks,

leighanne
Sometimes these things happen. I know from experience and I am so sorry you have to go through this! I went through 2 miscarriages in 4 months last year. I was 5 weeks with the first and then 10 weeks with the second and I am only 21! Just because you have had 2 doesn't mean it will happen a 3rd time. I never had testing done, just my own personal choice. If it was suppose to happen, I believed God would let it happen. I am now 34 weeks and couldn't be more thankful to have carried this baby this far. If you can, get tested and maybe the doc will find out why it happened exactly, and you can go from there and start trying again. Start when you feel ready and I will be praying for you!! Hang in there, I'm sure it will happen soon. I know when I went through the losses it seemed like everyone around me was pregnant, but me. It's hard, I know. I tried not get so bitter and rather just be happy for those who were. But I wanted nothing more than to have a baby myself! I prayed and just waited. I really wish you the best in the future!  <3      (((HUGS)))
Hi Lieghanne! I'm so sorry for your loss.  I went through a miscarriage myself on January 15th.  I'm 28, and even though it should be "easier" at our age, it just seems that it isn't so true.  I know how you feel... it seems as though everyone woman you see is pregnant, even though the odds are against them.  Two of my sisters in law are pregnant.  The first one just got married and they are still living with her husband's mom... while my husband and I are "better off" so it makes me feel jelous that maybe I "deserved" it more.  My other sister in law has two kids already (the first one is living with her parents because she doesn't have time to take care of both her children) and her husband just came out of rehab for the 3rd time... we have no children, I have time to take care of any children, and my husband doesn't have a drug problem... so maybe I "deserved" it more than they did.  I'm sorry, I know that this sounds terrible, and I'm ashamed of writing it.  But I know that a lot of women would feel the same.  Please forgive my selfishness.  
Sorry I made this all about myself.  I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.  Many of us are going through the same thing.  I know that God will bless us both with wonderful children.  You just have to be strong and I'm sure your wishes will come true.  Hang in there...
thank you for responding ladies.  I appreciate it a lot.  I am trying to keep my head up.  My doctor will be starting all of the recurrent pregnancy loss testing on me next week.  I am hoping they figure it out cause i can not handle another MC.
progesterone supplements?
the doctor is going to check my progesterone next week and even if it is normal he said he might still but me on them as well as baby a baby aspirin every day
I am 28 and have also had 2 mc's in the past 3 months.  First happened in February, I was 8 weeks pregnant and we were unable to find a hearbeat and only a small sack.  I had a D&C on Feb 6th and last week on March 13th, I found out of was pregnant again!

My doctor had me take routine blood tests and unfortunately they came back with very low progesterone levels 2.5.  I was on progesterone supplements for 2 days, and those levels went up but after a blood test yesterday my HCG levels were going down.  Doctor said that is a sure sign of a MC and I should be expecting to spot this weekend. I'm heartbroken because we were so excited but at least I knew about it sooner this time I guess.

I'm planning on going to a fertitility doctor to see why I might have MC'd two times in a row and how I can increase my hormone levels to sustain a baby once it is implanted.

I am so sorry for your losses but at least you know it is not only happening to you.  My doctor kept reassuring me that we are still young and that it is a good sign that we can at least get pregnant and are obviously pretty fertile.

I'm sure we will wait a few months until I can get my hormone levels up to try again and hopefully the 3rd time will have a happy ending.

Hang in there