Pregnancy 18-24 Community
2 periods missed.. im scared.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

2 periods missed.. im scared.

right, ive missed 2 periods, my last period missed was 14th october.. and now i still havent come on.. im normally very regular.. i feel pregnant, but taken 2 tests and both came out negative.. ive had some signs, like cramping in my belly, feeling sick but havent actually been sick, very subtle head aches.. always tired, but cant seem to sleep much. also, i havent been eating properly in days, so that might have something to do with, but ive ALWAYS had problems with my eating, so..
and im 16& want a baby so badly, stupid i know.. but yeah.
some please help, much appricated. <3.

This discussion is related to Missed 2 periods but negative HTPs....pregnant????.
Did you have unprotected sex? You're only 16 and it's normal to be irregular or even skip a period once in awhile. Have you taken a pregnancy test yet? It sounds like maybe you should. You should take it first thing in the morning when you get up. You can also go to your local public health nurse, your doctor or a crisis pregnancy center and take one there.

I know lots of teenagers who have babies or want babies. But I hope you think very hard about this, and be honest with your family and your partner, OK? If you are pregnant, they need to know. If you're not, well, you still need to have a serious chat. We have 16-year-old parents in my family. The baby is very cute but the pregnancy was hard. Mom and baby got a bad infection right after the birth and got stuck in the hospital for weeks. She can't breastfeed now because of it. She had to drop out of school, has no job, and quit studying for her GED. She doesn't have good financial support, has a tough family life and has had to move to AT LEAST 5 different houses, in several cities, in two states since she's had the baby, and the little one's only 7 months old. She also lied to her boyfriend, who was also 16, about being on birth control because she wanted to get pregnant. He was very upset when he found out about her lies, and they broke up. They're still in touch because of the child, but all their talk about getting married and being a family forever? Not gonna happen now.

Babies are a really serious decision. It's expensive and exhausting to have a baby anytime, but it's much harder when you are so young. Having a child will have a huge impact on the rest of your life, and if you aren't in a good place in your life when you have that baby, then it isn't going to be very good for your little one either.

Sometimes women want a child so bad because we see our friends or older relatives with babies. It looks fun, and special because they have someone tiny to love them, but you have no idea how much work a mother has to do all day, every day. Why not spend some time with young children? You could babysit, work at a daycare, volunteer at a women's shelter, all sorts of things to experience the fun and joy of being around babies without doing something that could cause lots of problems for yourself, your boyfriend and your parents.

And sometimes, women want a baby because they feel like nobody else in the world loves them or cares about them. Babies are amazing, but they don't take that kind of pain away. If there are problems at home, the last thing you want to do is bring a baby into that mess. Finding a real friend to talk to, getting some counseling or having a caring adult intervene in a bad home situation can help.

Very well said, mskitty.
thankyou, kinda made me realise alot of things! and yes i did have unprotected sex, and i have taken a pregnancy test, twice, and they both came up negative, but im gunna go see my doctor next week just to clear things up!