Pregnancy 18-24 Community
22 and pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

22 and pregnant

Hi I took a pregnancy test like 5 days ago and it came back positive, I took another one that next day and again the same thing. I am trying to find out how far I might be. I am guessing that I am like a month being that my last period was last month on the 14th. My cycle has been irregular lately, which is why to me it might make it difficult to tell how far along I am. I also feel as though I am overweight I am (embarrassingly) 200 lbs and I am only 5'1.5", and I know in pregnancy you only get bigger in most cases. Are there any safe pregnancy diets, or any ideas anyone has for me not to gain too much more weight, or maybe even lose it while pregnant?
most overweight women actually lose weight in the beginning, or they don't gain any at all. I'm overweight, and I lost 30 pounds within the first 4 months, and I've only gained 8 of those lbs back and my belly is nice and round. I wouldn't actively try to lose weight, just because your baby needs the nutrients. Instead, change your diet to be more healthy, like more greens and proteins, not as much fried food and sugar and salt. And if you haven't started walking, start now. You can walk about 30 minutes a day, or every other day and it will really help later on.
If you used your baby as motivation, then switching from sodas to water will help you drop weight FAST and HEALTHY! Start walking or swimming and that will not only help you drop weight, but a strong core will help during delivery :) and of course taking your vitamins and eatting healthy, cutting back on salt (or you could get toximia which could hurt your and baby) and cutting back on friend foods (the greasy foods can cause gallbladder problems especially during pregnancy) and cutting back on sugar so you don't get gestational diabetes which could harm you and baby! Just used your baby as motivation and you can drop weight healthily for you and baby! Congrats momma!
And like acline said, I'm over weight too and dropped 15 pounds my first 3 months and just got back to my prepregnancy weight (185)
well that is nice to know that most women lose weight during early pregnancy, I have heard of it but to know that someone has actually witnessed it brings me a peace of mind. hopefully the same happens to me. I was just thinking about consuming more greens, I was actually thinking about substituting a meal maybe for a bag of steam vegetables, just because Ive been fed alot lately due to my boyfriend thinking that I need to be eating for two already. lol but I really do appreciate all of your advice it was very helpful!
Good idea I'm getting back on the water thing now, and cutting back on the fried fish and chicken! Thanks maybaby, all of your advice I am taking!
I switched from soda to water due to being pregnant and iv lost a few pounds since my last dr appointment so the baby bump shows a little more I wasnt overweight just stopped drinking soda for my baby(: iv been on bed rest since my last pregnancy didnt go well but my nxt appointment is next week ill be 13wks if I get the im ok to get out of the house im gonna start walking around the park
Glad i could help :) and let your bf know that you never need to eat for two lol if you are losing too much weight or something, your dr will let you know. Just make sure, especially in the beginning that you take your vitamins!!!
Ooo and snacks! Eat multiple smaller meals a day instead of 3 big meals. That will help with morning sickness too if you get it. And if you like mini carrots or fruit, they make great snacks! I cut my oranges and freeze them...amazingggg :)
I was borderline overweight when I first got pregnant, I'm 11 weeks and lost 14 pounds already. Totally not on purpose I've just had really bad morning sickness and changed my diet to a lot more healthy things :) good luck
ok, ive been taking prenatal vitamins. and i guess i am officially 5 weeks according to an online pregnancy calculator, I haven't had any morning sickness yet, (hopefully I never do), only thing is my prenatal vitamins/pills made me queasy the first two days, but I do not know if its because I did not eat first. Which is probably what it was.But I just bought some snacks, so snacking is what I will be doing! Thanks again! how far are you?