Pregnancy 18-24 Community
3 months pregnant, and having strong cramps HELP!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

On Saturday I will be 3 months, and I have been having lowerbackaches for the past 2 days and cramping on my lowerrightside as well. Is this normal to be having cramps around now. I'm not bleeding or anything but it does bother me. And in the middle of the night I woke up to use the restroom and as I sat there I bent over to kill a roach and at that moment I had a really bad sharp pain that ended up lasting for about an hour. I had to crawl back to bed and all the positions I tried to sleep did not help...is that normal???  My baby is on the right side according to my doctor and I feel something poking my sides, which I doubt is the baby kicking since it's too eary...what can this be. Has anybody else experienced this kind of pain??
no it is not normal.  I had stong pain at 11 weeks and I was having a m/c.  I never bleed until the day before my d&c was to be done.  Little cramps are normal anything more is not.  You need to call your doctor.  I wish you the best.  Keep us updated
Call your doc today!! Don't take a chance. Are you bleeding? If you even see a drop of blood go to the hospital, you might m/c. Good luck
Have you been drinking a lot of water? At around the same time in my pregnancy I was getting really bad cramps and the doctor suggested to me to drink more water. Sure enough they stopped.
No i haven't been bleeding, but as I sit here it feels like it's getting more tense. And I am inconsistent with drinking water. For example, I drank water today but yesterday I didn't.  My right side next to my belly is bigger than the left. I must've had like 5 of my co-workers feel my belly and ask them which side feels bigger to you.  They say it's normal because the baby sometimes will just be on one side, which my baby is on the right side, but it's accompanied by pain.  My back hurts more than my front and I have a really bad headache...I don't know if any of this is normal...I just called my doctor and he said to relax take a warm bath...like I didn't think of that huh?...but he did say if it is still bothering me to go to the doctor.  I havent gotten any sleep at all these days...I just wonder if that it's a sign of a miscarriage. Last week I heard the baby's heartbeat which was strong....but the doctor did say anything can happen...I'm trying not to think the worst, but I am prepared for what may happen as well...at least trying to...
I would say maybe try to calm down and take a warm bath (since that eases a lot of pains) stressing isn't good for the baby so you dont want to get too worked up. Babies do ball up on one side (shoot I'm 35 weeks and she still tries to get over on one side!) so that could e why one side feels more out. But honestly water is very important during pregnancy since it keeps your amniotic fluid up which is important when it comes to the baby developing and being able to swim around in there.
Are you serious?? I had no idea water had a connection to amniotic fluid....wow, I'm still learning...yes that's probably it, because I have been getting myself pretty worked up for the past few days, and that's when it started...I do need to stop stressing out...because I will blame myself forever if anything happened...well thanks so much for your help, I see that you are very close to having your baby girl, congratulations and best wishes.