Pregnancy 18-24 Community
35 weeks pregnant and short femur and humerus
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

35 weeks pregnant and short femur and humerus

Hi there. I have never done one of these, but hope I can get some positive feedback. We had a sonogram today, I am 35 weeks, due to some preterm labor and light spotting. Nothing bad there, the placenta looked good and the baby looked healthy. But when we left the tech asked us to go to Dr. office for a moment. She said the babies long bones, in arms and legs, were measuring about 3 weeks behind everything else which was measuring head on. She said she wasn't too worried about it, all my genetic testing came back fine and the ultrasound at 22 weeks all the measurements were good. I am 5 foot tall and my husband is 6 ft. Of course, we are so scared of dwarfism. Has this happened to anyone?? No, we have no history of it in our family, but when you read about dwarfism, you don't have to have history. It can be a mutation in the sperm or egg. Thanks for any advice/information! We can't wait to meet our little boy or girl.
Tags: sonogram