Pregnancy 18-24 Community
36 weeks 3 days - What exactly do contractions feel like?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Or more to the point have I been feeling contractions?  Before today I have felt a tightening sensation in my uterus that starts from the top and works it way down, sometimes its painful, sometimes it isn't.  I thought that was contractions, just mild ones.  Today I have had some lower back pain (kind of like my AF cramps - I used to get those in my back) that would come and go - At first I thought it was b/c of the way I was sitting, but I would change positions and it would ease off and then come back again.  Was that contractions?  Or were the other ones from the other days contractions?  Or are the both contractions?  I know everyone is different, but can someone have 2 diff kinds of contractions themself?  I am going to doctor tomorrow for weekly check up so I will definitely let my midwife know - just wanted your all's opinion too.  Ultrasound tomorrow!  YAY!
yup.  contractions feel like AF cramps at first, but they will come and go and regular intervals.  You can get contractions for weeks before you actually go into labor here and there.  so if your question is am I going into labor? than time them and see how long they last and the amount of time between them.  After an hour of this you will be able to tell something more significant.  But yes, they are contractions.  Good Luck and congrats!
I knew that it wasn't labor until they were regular/consistent, but were both of these considered contractions?  The abdominal pain the other day and the back pain today?  Or is it just one of them?  I don't know which to time or which to keep an eye out for.  Maybe I will just time/watch both of them.  I feel fine now and haven't had any since early this afternoon.  Hmmm....
i get thoes all the time...exzactly like you described!! Funny..lol...but i think there just braxon hicks..a contraction i think will feel like these at first but when they become regular i think they get more painful...sometimes mine hurt too..sometimes they dont!! Were getting close so...Hang in there/...thats what i am talling myself to get me through each day!!