Pregnancy 18-24 Community
36 weeks pregnant and having cramps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

36 weeks pregnant and having cramps

I am 36 weeks pregnant. Yesterday DH and I had sex in the morning around 9:30 AM. At around 11 AM I started getting cramps. They felt exactly like period cramps. They were mild, and they were uncomfortable but they weren't very painful. They were constant and lasted about 4-5 hours and then they just stopped. Can anyone think of a reason for this?
they say that having sex is a good natural way to induce labor...might be getting close to that time :)
Ahh..okay. So if I want the baby to stay in at least another week, we should probably stop having sex?
i would guess so

but hey look at this way...when your ready for your babies arrival BD a bit and wait...it'll happen :)
But it's gonna hurt! LOL I'm scared to go into labor.
awww dont be scared...just keep in mind the end-prize...you'll finally meet your baby...its the best thing ever

honestly i had my son almost 4 years ago to the date and i remember the pain but the pain was worth hearing his first cries and seeing him open his eyes....i cant wait to meet this baby and experience that again
Can you describe the pain? What does it feel like? Like really bad period cramps or maybe like bad diarrhea cramps? I guess I just don't know what to expect.
basically from what i recall....if you dont get an epidural...its like period like cramps with your contractions....then when its time to push its like constipation pain...but as soon as the baby is out it's over...its crazy...i remember how much it hurt and i just pushed my heart out (42 minutes and my son was born - which is pretty quick for first-time moms)

i plan on doing the same again...when they say push...push and the pain will be over...it goes by very quickly...my entire first-time labor was 10 hours and they are saying this one will be between 5-7 hours long....i think i can handle that :)
Ok, I had a lot of sex at 35 weeks (I had a huge sex drive then) and I went into labor about a week later...If you had an orgasm then your uterus was contracting from it.  That is probably what happened.  you probably dilated which would cause the contractions.  When the "real" contractions started there was NO MISTAKING THEM...they were nothing like the ones I felt the day before.  The day before they were 7-49 min apart all day and uncomfortable.  After my water broke and the real ones started I thought I was going to die!  hahahaha  Good luck!
BTW-real contractions to me felt like the worst period cramps you could ever imagine.  And just like waitn said, the pain subsides as soon as you start pushing.  It felt good to push!
i am dilated to 1, 50% effaced and the head is at -1 now (whatever that means) I have been getting diahrea for 2 days now. and my stomach is cramping like menstral cramps. i'm 36 weeks. this is my second baby. anyone else had these symptoms?

I have been having the period like cramps and mild diahrea for a few days now.  today wasn't bad, but Friday and Saturday I had BH every 2-20 minutes all day.  
anyone think that when there is a slight pain/cramping low in the uterus, seemingly almost at the cervix during a BH contraction.. and I just started getting occasional vaginal pains, that maybe i'm dilating slightly? For some reason I keep thinking I'm getting closer to that time, when before I really had no thoughts of labor at all.. Maybe it's the reality of the baby actually dropping, makes it all seem so much more real and iminent.. I have two people telling me they think I'll go early. Don't know really why they believe that, but I think I might, too. Dr. appt tomorrow, at 35 week one day, I wonder if he'll do an internal exam when I tell him the baby dropped. The dropping seems to be progressing even more and I'm getting bad hip-joint pain... anyways, sorry I wrote so much.. Just looking for someone to agree and tell me I'm getting close!! Hahah.
You will probably start the internal exams at 36 weeks.  I have been having the pain that almost feels like cervical and vaginal pains.  Last week I asked the doctor about it and he said that it was just all the pressure on my public bones. He always says that though.  He told me that I will probably go early even though I am not dialating of appear to be dropping yet.  I can't wait til she does though.  This baby is KILLING my ribs!  I can't sit or stand without something hurting.  All I want to do is lay down.  I guess that means i am getting close.  maybe he will tell me Wednesday that I am starting to make progress
Dont worry about going into labour sweetie, everyones pains are different and hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones and have a brilliant and easy labour.Just take the pains as they come. Im nearly 32wks pregnant and i have been having period like pains nearly all way through roughly when my period should have been due but my midwife and doctor say it is normal. Try not to worry hun.
Im 35 weeks and the Doc told me yesterday that they dont think I'll make it past 37 weeks.  The babys head is  really low and my cervix is super thin!  Ive beenn having really sharp pains in my Vag the doc said its because the babys so low when he moves hes hitting nerves.  I cant wait for Him!!!!
omg i know what you mean im also 35wks and all the doc said to me last wk was that he has to try to get me to get to 37wks my cervix is 95% effaced i hope that means not much longer not to sure what it means exactly just know its also very thin.i hope the doc tells me tomorrow that i wont go past 37wks that would make me so happy. i also have the sharp pain in my vag every single time i get up to do anything or walk....yay for both of us i hope everything goes well.