Pregnancy 18-24 Community
37 weeks 3 days

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

37 weeks 3 days

Ok people im just wondering if you guys can give me some advice. Im 37 weeks 3 days pregnant. Im so fed up of it now I have had so many problems I just want her here now. I have problems with my hips that make me loose my balance all the time im so sick of being pregnant now to the point im crying. I know its my baby girls home but im in so much pain I just want her here. My midwife knows what im going through do you think I can talk to her about being induced?

No judging!
Most doctors these days won't.... And just because your considered full term doesn't mean its baby's time to come.... Here's my story, my baby boy was 5 days late big healthy boy 8 lbs 8 oz he's crazy advanced, been standing since 8 weeks, held his head up sturdy since 10 weeks. He's 4 months old and a healthy 15 lbs 25 in long... My friend had her baby 2 weeks later 1 week before her due date because she was "uncomfortable" he's  10 lbs, he's 21 inches long and still doesn't hold his head up still in newborn clothes and he's still not as alert as my little one and he's only 2 weeks younger!  You may be ready but your baby has A LOT of developing to do, if she isn't ready don't make her come, ya its uncomfortable but do wanna risk your babies ability to be at a healthy weight and possible little complications because your " uncomfortable"?
The fact that your saying its because im just uncomfortable is totally WRONG! I have a disability in my hips meaning they were going to give me a sweep at 39 weeks because my mobility is suffering I am not walking, I am a couche potato. I am really short and it stops me from breathing properly, I have a sharp pain in my chest alot where its all crammed. I know how much development a baby needs and im not disputing what ur saying, but if its making my disability worse then I dont know whats gunna happen.
Disability? What's your disability ? Everything you just explained is basically what every woman in their last trimester experiences ?
I got a sweep at 39 weeks, most women do, if you have a real disability your doc will consider you high risk and she will induce you if necessary
I have perthase disease of the hips. I am extremely short for my age and doctors said I wouldnt grow much taller than 4 ft 7 but im a little bit bigger than that. Its something to do with the joint of the hips meaning I might need a c section. I am classed as a high risk pregnancy. I have had it all my life but pregnancy made it worse. I cant walk and have sticks just for support when I walk I have a huge limp as one leg is longer than the other I have had many operations in my younger age. , I used to be in a wheelchair I got better and was more mobile I have been with my partner for 5 years and he is the best supports me through my hips but in those 5 years I had no pain in my hips obviously sonce being pregnant having a baby inside is going to affect me. I never thought it be this bad. I have to have firther investigations once my little girl is out to why they are still bad. She will be worth it. And I am not selfish. I want this little girl so much. I took the risk of my legs becoming bad again.
Dang ! Ya if your doc feels necessary she will induce you, do you have to have a c-section? Or do they think you can have a vaginal birth?
Thats why I am being seen every two days, as im high risk love. I think you should stop jumping to conclusions of saying people are all the same when you dont know me, your not a doctor. And if you knew me you'd understand doctors are happy I have made it to this as im also carrying alot more water. I have seen my babys pracrice breathing movements in scans as I have had to have many to monitor the babys growth as my growth is limited which means they cant let her get to big.
I can perform mcroberts with my legs so they are happy for me to try natrally but with an early epiduralat 4cm meaning I can open my legs and stuff as I cant do that either bbut the epidural will make my legs be able to open and stuff
Awesome! I loved my epidural! Lifesaver !!!! I thought I was gonna die before I got it, I'd rather be ran over by a car 10  more times then feel the pains of contractions ever again
Also im from england and in england they dont give sweeps unless patient is overdue or needs it as a start of an induction if that doesnt work they will be using the necessary ways to induce my labour
They don't? They pretty much do it to everyone here
No not here