Pregnancy 18-24 Community
39 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

39 weeks

So, I am 39 weeks pregnant, and started losing my mucus plug last week. I have noticed I tend to get a large glob of mucus (sorry) daily after walking a lot. It started out yellowish and tinged with pink and brown streaks.... but yesterday, after Christmas shopping, it was bright green.... and again today, it was also very large..... almost looked like mucus from a sinus infection. Just like something I'd blow out of my nose. It doesn't smell, I am not in pain... I don't have a fever.... and I am 39 weeks and 2 days pregnant.... is this normal, or is this some sort of sign of infection? I did have a yeast infection and think it may be coming back.... but other than that I've had a completely normal pregnancy (this is my third). Is the mucus plug supposed to change in color, and come out daily? With my son I lost it and was in labor less than 12 hours later... and with my daughter I didn't even know a mucus plug existed!!
Tags: mucus
I am not sure if it changes color I know it can be streaked with blood, because mine was. I am not sure if you will lose it more than once I do "think" you it can come out in pieces but I am not 100% certain. I would be on the look out for labor pains!!!! Best wishes to you and Merry Christmas!!
I think green isn't good...I think that means amniotic fluid or mechoniam (sp?) in the fliud which means that your water broke and the baby's head has been used like a cork.  I would call your doc immediately!  When my water broke, the doc asked if it was green!  
My daughter had her first BM in utero and the amniotic fluid looked like a muddy green (like a swamp). But if you're talking about a brighter green like when you have a cold, then you probably have some sort of infection. It's important to take care of that ASAP, especially as you're close to delivery.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers