Pregnancy 18-24 Community
40 weeks 5 days...bloody show?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

40 weeks 5 days...bloody show?

I had a second membrane sweep yesterday at 11am. So its been a little over 24 hours. Im aware it can take 24-48 to actually work or that it may not work at all.  I am being induced in 3 days so im really hoping this works because this was the last thing we could do to kick start labor naturally.  I woke up this morning feeling crampy. (I know this is a symptom of having a sweep.) And I went to the bathroom. Ive been loosing my mucous plug for almost a week now and its always clear and gloppy. This morning when i went to wipe there was tons of it and it was all stringy, clear, brown, and had streaks of blood in it. As well as little blood spots. When im up... Im really crampy and have a backache and have irregular contractions. When I lay down i still feel the same way till ive been laying for a while.

I have these signs labor is near: (The past few weeks) The baby has dropped. Tons of pressure in my lower pelvis. weight stabalization, lots of change in energy levels, increased discharge, loss of plug, (today) increase in irregular contractions and blood tinged mucus.

Is it a possibility that the sweep worked this time?

Im really hoping so.  =)
Sounds like it worked to me. I had to have it done twice with my last baby before it worked and I felt the same way. I had also been bleeding for a few days after the first sweep. The second sweep had me bleeding for a few days and than finally labor. Tons of discharge and cramping. You want to keep the contractions going (cramping) try taking a walk, climbing the stairs, sex, or rearranging your house. Dont over do it though, you will need all the energy you can get for labor:) But I would definitly say soon:) Fingers crossed for you, good luck!!
hi im the same im 41 weeks 1 days and i had a membrane sweep last week which then i lost some of my mucus plug i then went for another membrane sweep yesterday and i have been quite crampy and i lost mor of my plug today which was a yellowish colour i have preasure on my pelvis and i have irregular contractions but i have had no blood in my mucus im hoping this works for me aswell because i will be induced in 4 days and really would like to go into labor on my own
sorry i havent got an answer for you but i really hope it works for you keep us updated and good luck
I hope it works for you!

Aww Tracy your still pregnant?:( I hope you go soon!!
I was going to lay down to kind of pass the time lol... But staying active is probably a good idea.

I hope I go into labor soon!
Gosh... Ive used the restroom 5 times since Ive gotten up and still have tons of brown mucous.